Help. Modem maintains connection but no activity?

Help. Modem maintains connection but no activity?

Post by MammothZon » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

I've got a USR External 56K Voice Fax Modem Pro. It's connected to my Server. I'm using Win Proxy on the server. All settings are correct.  I connect from my workstation and everything is fine. Then after times ranging from 5 minutes to 2 hours. All of a sudden all I get are 404 timeouts, mail connection errors etc. It's as if I'm no longer connected to the internet. Yet the modem is still connected and on line. The only way to fix it is to hang up and redial. Then everything is fine again until it happens again. It happens to my daughters machine on the network too at the same time mine stops, so I know it's something with the server/modem.

What I've done to fix it. Uncheck use FIFO, clear all cache on both server and workstation. Uncheck Hardware flow control and then recheck when I discovered it didn't work. Did the same with error correction. Changed the Port speeds. Put AT&F in "extra settings", then changed everything back, all to no avail. I do have a 50 foot RJ11. I thought this could be the problem, but why aren't I just disconnecting.

1. Help. Modem maintains connection but no activity?

[...]

2. gps for IPAQ 3650

3. Help w/5200 to call and maintain connection to 776

4. Program(s) won't install

5. Problems maintaining connections, please help

6. Nesticle WAS stolen by MINDRAPE

7. Lan clients lose connection with 4.11 server; but maintain ms lan connection...

8. JOB Opportunities in Switzerland

9. Mouse activity during connections AND disconnects? HELP?

10. "atcmds" utility helps maintain AT-compatible modems on SVr4 UNIX

11. 1721 maintaining the state of VPN connections

12. Sportster Won't Maintain Connection at 14400

13. Maintaining connection