RSP-6-TXSTUCK Showing Up In Logs for 2 7513 Routers

RSP-6-TXSTUCK Showing Up In Logs for 2 7513 Routers

Post by Tax Johnso » Sat, 05 Jun 2004 11:12:55

Quote:> I've got 2 7513 routers and after upgrading to 12.2(24) from 12.1.20 I
> started getting *alot* of these errors/warnings in my logs files from
> both routers

> Jun  3 10:36:21.384: %RSP-6-TXSTUCK: Txacc of Interface Serial8/1 is
> at 0% of its txlimit
> Jun  3 10:37:59.388: %RSP-6-TXSTUCK: Txacc of Interface Serial8/1 is
> at 0% of its txlimit
> Jun  3 10:40:14.393: %RSP-6-TXSTUCK: Txacc of Interface Serial8/1 is
> at 0% of its txlimit

> I'm only getting this on the PPP T1 serial interfaces and not the DS3
> interfaces.  Googling didn't give me anything useful.  I'm not
> noticing any performance issues but I'm sure they aren't supposed to
> be there.

> Paul

Error Message

%RSP-6-TXSTUCK : Txacc of Interface [chars] is at [dec]% of its txlimit

Explanation    The specified interface has a low value for the transmit
queue accumulator (txacc). This might be a transient condition and harmless
if it occurs during periods of high packet traffic. If it occurs more than
once in periods of relatively moderate traffic, it could indicate a problem
with the system. Distributed packet switching might be disrupted as a result
of this condition.

Recommended Action    If the message recurs during periods of relatively
moderate traffic, this might indicate a disruption in distributed packet
switching. If such a disruption occurs, enter the microcode reload command
to recover. Open a case with the Technical Assistance Center via the
Internet at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/case_tools/caseOpen.pl, or
contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the
representative with the information you have gathered. Attach the following
information to your case in nonzipped, plain-text (.txt) format: the output
of the show logging and show tech-support commands and your pertinent
troubleshooting logs.

Post by AnyBody » Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:54:18

> > I've got 2 7513 routers and after upgrading to 12.2(24) from 12.1.20 I
> > started getting *alot* of these errors/warnings in my logs files from
> > both routers

> > Jun  3 10:36:21.384: %RSP-6-TXSTUCK: Txacc of Interface Serial8/1 is
> > at 0% of its txlimit
> > Jun  3 10:37:59.388: %RSP-6-TXSTUCK: Txacc of Interface Serial8/1 is
> > at 0% of its txlimit
> > Jun  3 10:40:14.393: %RSP-6-TXSTUCK: Txacc of Interface Serial8/1 is
> > at 0% of its txlimit
> Error Message

> %RSP-6-TXSTUCK : Txacc of Interface [chars] is at [dec]% of its txlimit

> Explanation    The specified interface has a low value for the transmit
> queue accumulator (txacc). This might be a transient condition and harmless
> if it occurs during periods of high packet traffic. If it occurs more than
> once in periods of relatively moderate traffic, it could indicate a problem
> with the system. Distributed packet switching might be disrupted as a result
> of this condition.

> Recommended Action    If the message recurs during periods of relatively
> moderate traffic, this might indicate a disruption in distributed packet
> switching. If such a disruption occurs, enter the microcode reload command
> to recover. Open a case with the Technical Assistance Center via the
> Internet at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/case_tools/caseOpen.pl, or
> contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the
> representative with the information you have gathered.

<..snipped.>

"I've got 2 7513 routers and after upgrading to 12.2(24) from 12.1.20 I
 started getting *alot* of these errors"

Did these show up in your test environment?

<Cynic mode off>

"a disruption in distributed packet switching"
This looks serious to me, I suggest that you back out the regrade.

What functionality do you need that is in the new release?

1. Cisco 7513 RSP failure

Folks,

   We have taken delivery of 3 new Cisco 7513s.  However, the one which we
have had the longest experienced a strange failure.  After it had been
running for approximately two months, the RSP card failed.  After sending
the card back to Cisco, they diagnosed it as a failure of one of the
controller chips on the board, which caused it to try to access both
the CxBus and the CyBus at the same time.

   I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with their 75XX
boxes.  This is the only failure we have experienced to date, but our
routers are not in production.

   Thanks!

Jon Boone               Operations Engineer
ISC Networking          University of Pennsylvania

2. cmpa or whatever it's called

3. 7513 does not support 2nd RSP with 11.1(1)

4. using BitSurfer/?? as NT-1 w/occassional 1B?

5. F/S- CISCO 7513 BASE RSP/2

6. Hosts file in WINNT system32 folder

7. 7513 RSP

8. 7513 RSP's switching for no reason