Cisco 675 Router question

Post by Scot » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 04:34:19

Hi,

Can the Cisco 675 router be used for anything else, other than DSL routers
??

Thanks,
Scott

1. Cisco 675 <-> Cisco 675, no dslam

Will this configuration work to pass data from point a to point b over a
pair of wires?  Has anyone done it?  I have a spare '675 and my ISP bought
one on eBay.  Anyway, the application is to pass 512k of bandwidth
from point a to point b over a pair of wires within the same building.
We tried just ethernet but the distance was too great and we can't install
repeaters.  Cisco's pre-sales tech support said it was possible to get the
two to pass data over the wire.

Well, lots of things are "possible" with Cisco products :-) but getting the
config files just right so the two boxes make nice is quite another matter.
Have any of you ever tried this??  The Cisco that I have was formerly used
with US West's DSL offering, I know nothing about the other box at this
point.
Are the default passwords left that way or does USWest do something special?

I will post my results to this NG.  I intend to try a straight thru cable,
and if that doesn't work I'll cross tip and ring.  Would settle for bridge
mode but will try for routing PPP.  I have the older version of the software
on the 675 that I've got, don't know about the other one.

Tim Petlock

2. Wanted to buy: Risc PC

3. Question about the Cisco 675 xDSL router and Static NAT and NVRAM.

4. Netmeeting Locks Up!!

5. Cisco 675 router, do I really need a LinkSys router too?

6. ADVERTISE TO OVER 100 MILLION PEOPLE FOR FREE!!!

7. Cisco 675 router 2.4.2 CBOS upgrade for FREE from Cisco

8. CD-R for PPC 9500 with original 2Gb Seagate Hard Disk ?

9. Newbie question - Cisco 675 / ftp question

10. Newbie Question: Cisco 1605-R and Cisco 675

11. 675 ADSL Modem/Router question

12. IP Sec Forwarding on Cisco 675 Router?

13. Cisco 675 as a Router for a small network?