Router on x25 static route Network does not know second static rout is unavalible

Router on x25 static route Network does not know second static rout is unavalible

Post by Danny Bur » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have a network of 6 routers ( A to F ) on an X25 backbone.  Router A
has two Serial interfaces S0 S1.
into  separate switches, every other router has a single serial into
there own switch. Each router has static routes set up to every other
router and two  static routes set up to router A, S0 and S1 using
different metrics.
The ideas being 2 sites to use router (A)  S0 and 3 sites router (A)
S1. All traffic must be able to us S0 if the switch at S1 fails. All
traffic must be able to use S1 if S0 fails.

The customer specifies no routing info to be passed across the X25
network because of the cost of the X25 packet so we are  using using
static routes. It was ok befor the customer requested a second serial
connection at router A.

The problem is if the interface at Router A S0 goes down the routers
with a static route to Router A S0 do not know that the route is not
valid and does not put all traffic down the higher cost rout to router
A S1.
Router A is a 4500 all others are 2500s. We also have a customer with
several hundred routers with the same problem.

Regards

Danny Burns

Router on x25 static route Network does not know second static rout is unavalible

Post by Steve Saunde » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

The solution we use is to have our X.25 provider configure "X.25 Call
Redirection" between the two interfaces on Router A (although we use
two separate routers for more redundancy.) If one interface goes down,
the provider reroutes the X.25 call transparently.

regards,

Steve Saunders

>I have a network of 6 routers ( A to F ) on an X25 backbone.  Router A
>has two Serial interfaces S0 S1.
>into  separate switches, every other router has a single serial into
>there own switch. Each router has static routes set up to every other
>router and two  static routes set up to router A, S0 and S1 using
>different metrics.
>The ideas being 2 sites to use router (A)  S0 and 3 sites router (A)
>S1. All traffic must be able to us S0 if the switch at S1 fails. All
>traffic must be able to use S1 if S0 fails.
>The customer specifies no routing info to be passed across the X25
>network because of the cost of the X25 packet so we are  using using
>static routes. It was ok befor the customer requested a second serial
>connection at router A.
>The problem is if the interface at Router A S0 goes down the routers
>with a static route to Router A S0 do not know that the route is not
>valid and does not put all traffic down the higher cost rout to router
>A S1.
>Router A is a 4500 all others are 2500s. We also have a customer with
>several hundred routers with the same problem.
>Regards
>Danny Burns

1. PIX setting up multiple static routes what am I doing wrong?

Hi this is my first cisco product so please bear with me if I am doing something obviously wrong. I have a pix 506e set up and a webserver with 2 ip's on it sitting behind it. Once I added the first static and acl I could hit the first website from the intenet, however when I go to add the second static I get a warning

WARNING: static overlaps with global (outside) 110 66.48.xxx.yyy

This is what I have

global (outside) 1 interface
global (outside) 100 66.48.xxx.yyy
global (outside) 100 66.48.xxx.zzz

static (inside,outside) 66.48.xxx.yyy 10.1.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) 66.48.xxx.zzz 10.1.1.6 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

access-list outside _access_in permit any host 66.48.xxx.yyy eq www
access-list outside _access_in permit any host 66.48.xxx.zzz eq www

Any help would be appreciated

Colin Fischer

2. Audio cassette label printing

3. routing oddity (static route not redistributed)

4. Mail loops back...why?

5. Two sync ports with static routing !

6. Automount problem in Irix 5.2

7. static routing to two firewalls one the same LAN

8. >>>CASH IN ON THE INTERNET<<<

9. Static routing on Linksys Etherfast 10/100 Cable/DSL Router...

10. Static Routing possible with SOHO routers?

11. Static routes AND policy routing?

12. static routing and route-map

13. How static routes come in & out of the routing table