newbie question ?

Post by prasha » Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:35:25

Hi! all,
I am new to this group. Currently on the east coast in US, I am
planning to give my CCNA exam. But I am not sure how much prep time is
needed and what are the best books to refer and how do i go about in
preparing for CCNA?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx
Prashant

1. newbie: cisco vlan newbie question

Hi,

I have a router 1721 router with 2 WAN Interface Cards (WICs) and 1 buildin
fastethernet:

WIC-1ENET -> USED FOR INTERNET CONNECTIONS:
1) Ethernet0  = is connected to a TV cable modem (for internet browsing
etc..) and gets it's ip address from a dhcp server

BUILDIN FASTETHERNET:
2) fastethernet0 = 172.16.43.1
This ethernet is connected to a third-party switch (from TRENDNET) where I
have my home network connected: 172.16.43.0 / 255.255.255.0
All PCs get there ip address from a dhcp server running on the cisco router.

I have bought a WIC-4ESW Cisco 4-Port Fast Ethernet Switch WAN Interface
Card
Which are:
3) fastethernet1
4) fastethernet2
5) fastethernet3
6) fastethernet4

I would like to connect a PC to fastethernet1 (from WIC-4ESW ) with an ip
address of 172.16.1.1
a) The pc (with IP 172.16.1.1) should be able to ping any host on the
internet
b) The pc (with IP 172.16.1.1) should be able to ping any host on the
network 172.16.43.0
c) The network 172.16.43.0 should be able to ping the 172.16.1.1 host

How do I have to configure the vlan stuff etc....?
Unfortunately I have no experience and no idea how to do a vlan
configuration.
So "any" help (links, books etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. NTLM authentication failed?

3. Newbie question - Cisco 675 / ftp question

4. Loop qualification requirements

5. newbie question: vpn questions

6. Experience w/PIC Slave Port?

7. How to Open Port (Total Newbie Question)

8. 4mm DAT tape on 310

9. Newbie question - PPP Configuration on Cisco routers

10. Newbie Question; Cisco 837

11. newbie question: Global Roaming Server

12. Newbie question C837

13. NEWBIE Question idle timeout how?