1 Hop Away - Grayed Browse List

Post by Peter Hanso » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

        We have some NT users connected with Cisco Routers ( 1 hop away ) who are
logging into the Domain OK, but now quite all the way.  When they Net View,
they see themselves only on the Domain.  They can Net Use l: \\  ... to
Servers OK, they can explicitly specify Net View - ServerName - OK, but
they appear grayed on Server Manager and  cannot change their password.
Why?

        Peter Hanson

        They do not have a lmhosts file, we are using Wins ( specified in the DHCP
Scope ).

1. Anybody know what a "gray-hole hop" is?

Some Jalaam marketing material (www.jaalam.com) sez  that their
appareNet (tm) NMS product can detect "Black-Hole / Gray-Hole Hops".
I've never heard this terminology before. I assume a black-hole hop is a
packet that get's dropped and instead of being forwarded by a router?
 But what would a gray-hole hop be?

TIA,
--Wulf

2. unresolved external symbol

3. Dead gateway detection more than 1 hop away

4. BOOK: OS/2 Warp Unleashed, 4th Edition (pre-orders at os2store)

5. "Chameleon Gray" "BTS Light Gray/Dolphin Gray" colors on Nortel 9417CW...what do they look like?

6. Audiomedia_probs_external_editor

7. Problems with browse lists

8. ZOC-like comm Program

9. unable to browse the Internet due to Access-list

10. Windows NT browse list

11. Access lists on PIX prevents NT4.0 browsing

12. Browsing list on different IP subnets

13. Removing PC's from Browse list after they are gone