New file available Peer 2 peer and online game blocks on pix

New file available Peer 2 peer and online game blocks on pix

Post by Hugo Dr » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:02:04

ftp://ftp.draxindustries.com/p2pblocking_for_pix.txt

This file has been verified and tested on a PIX 535 behind a 90,000
workstation network, 100Mbit connection to the public internet. It has
been in use for 8 months without any problems. This will the majority
of P2P traffic without impacting legitimate network traffic.

1. Running peer to peer network, shares files but not games

I have 4 computers and a laptop running on a peer to peer network over
fast ethernet with a Linksys hub, using Win98 on three and Win95 on the
laptop.  File sharing  works fine, and all of the computers play and share
games fine except for the one with two NIC's to use both the lan and
adsl.  I have tried booting with only one network active/connected to
allow binding of the correct one, configuring alternative setups on
bootup, and multiple network settings to the point that I do not remember
what worked originally.  At one time Sygate worked to allow me to do both,
but one of the then client computers could not run AOL under that
configuration.
  This computer is a clone with 128k of ram, 500 mhz processor, 3com and
intel nic's, 13 and 10 Gb hard drives, an Mpact video chip doing both
video and sound.
  When I either host or try to join a game, the client game does not see
the other(host) computer's game.  After many repetitions I think the
settings for tcp and ipx, netbeui and file sharing are all the same across
the network.  What next?

2. Squirrel SCSI Boot Time

3. problem- peer to peer games freeze & other

4. diamond monster fusion

5. games and peer to peer networks

6. Testing an ASP

7. Peer-to-peer UDP game support in Linux Masq as of 2.1.131ac11

8. A load of old coverdisks

9. Norton Firewall blocks peer to peer - why?

10. NW SBS5 peer to peer file sharing

11. Private Peer -> Peer File Sharing Network

12. Best way to add a file server to peer to peer network?

13. How to see long file names: Peer-2-Peer with WIN95 and Warp V4?