Server SAPs stopped w/Cisco routers

Post by Al Harkrade » Sun, 20 Apr 1997 04:00:00

We've got a WAN of Cisco routers that connects 26 Netware 3.12 servers.
The servers are Compaq Proliant 1000/1500s; the Ciscos are 25xx models
running 11.1.6 or better; we're using IPX EIGRP to limit SAPs between
sites.

Occasionally (once/week), one of the servers stops sending SAPs on its
Ethernet.  When we use track to see what it is doing, it is continuously
SAPing the INTERNAL network (like, *whoosh* on the track display, if you
know what I mean).  It is still responding to GNS & route requests, so
the local users are fine, but no one can attach from across the WAN --
so mail doesn't get distributed, etc.

This never happened before we replaced our LAN2LAN network with Cisco
routers.  We've heard thir*th-hand reports that this is a well-known
problem but can't find anything about it (TID 2906058 is the right
symptom but that's about all).  Anybody got any advice?

Signed - still muddled in minnesota

1. Public NTP Servers Stop Working on Cisco Router

Hello,

I have been using a few public time servers, and they all seem to stop
working after a period of time.  I have my Cisco router set to synchronize
to two separate public NTP servers (clock.isc.org and
time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov), and eventually, both servers stop responding
and the router loses NTP synchronization.  I have to delete the NTP servers
from the router configuration and re-add them to get things to start working
again.  Also, unless I specify the "ntp master" option in the Cisco router
configuration, the router itself eventually stops responding to NTP
requests.

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be happening?  I just want to
have the router synchronize to a few sources and then have all my inside
hosts synchronize to the router.  I would greatly appreciate any help
anybody can give me.  Also, I would appreciate it if you could copy your
response to me via email.

Thanks,

Chris

2. How to distinguish between workgroup and domain when enumerating network [XP]

3. A1000 Ram piggy-backing

4. Generate sap packet from cisco router ?

5. how to focus monitor

6. Stop a 4.11 SAP advertising?

7. What's the trick in printing rotated text?

8. Stop "SAP"ing!

9. how do I stop SAP broadcasts on Netware3.12

10. my router won't stop accessing tftp server

11. Router stop after decompressing IOS Cisco 837

12. Stop-A equiv. & correct TERM for Cisco Access Server