HI, I have some question about native vlan and default vlan.

HI, I have some question about native vlan and default vlan.

Post by PS2 game » Sat, 29 May 2004 14:01:23

hi.
I am wondering if someone know  that the different of native vlan and
default vlan
what is the diffrent about that ?
I'm so confused about that.

HI, I have some question about native vlan and default vlan.

Post by Ivan Ostre » Sat, 29 May 2004 20:47:10

Quote:> hi.
> I am wondering if someone know  that the different of native vlan and
> default vlan
> what is the diffrent about that ?
> I'm so confused about that.

Actually, the only similar thing is that both have word 'vlan' in ther
names :-).

No, seriously:

Native VLAN is a VLAN on which packets are not tagged with ISL or dot1q
and you can have one on trunk links.

Default VLAN is a VLAN in which are switchports by default (if you do not
change their VLAN assignement).

--Ivan.