Problem with Console Port on 2620

Post by mark200 » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 22:41:36

Ok got a good one for y'all here...

Doing some stuff for BCRAN exam and i pasted a config into the wrong
line. Get this, i set the clockspeed on line 0 (CONSOLE) to 115200
instead of setting it on line 2 (ASYNC-SERIAL)...

Immediately after i entered the command the terminal died as it would,
and wouldnt let me correct the mistake. Ive rebooted the router and the
config hadnt been saved, but now i just keep getting garbled text in
the terminal window, something along the lines of:

CgRmB?CCgRm?tB?CrgRmB?CCg

Have i in my stupidity fried the console port or is there some other
way to solve this? (i.e. some sort of hardware flash process or
something?!?)

Cheers
Mark McK.

Problem with Console Port on 2620

Post by mark200 » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 22:46:08

Managed to get it sorted, used a different app to connect to the
terminal and set the speed to 115200 instead of 9600.. Logged in and
reset it back....

Phew... was worried there for a minute!

Mark.

Post by Doug McIntyr » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 23:33:20

>Managed to get it sorted, used a different app to connect to the
>terminal and set the speed to 115200 instead of 9600.. Logged in and
>reset it back....
>Phew... was worried there for a minute!

Wouldn't have resetting the baud rate in your terminal app to 115200
have got you going?

Otherwise, you should be able to reset the console baud rate through
the bootrom as well.

1. any way to add 2nd ethernet port to 2620?

We have an extra NM-1FE2W as well as a 2620, but it looks like there's no way to
get the NM to work in a 2620.  Anyone know of a way or if there's another way to
add a 2nd Ethernet port, doesn't even need to be 100Base-T, to a 2620?
Thanks...
Thanks...
Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at
cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.
Replace _dot_ & _at_ with the corresponding
punctuation leaving the rest as is.

2. Network password problem.

3. errors on 2620 Ethernet port

4. Could my boot problems be related to my motherboard?

5. VLANs/ISL 2 ports to Cisco 2620

6. Newbie q: error modifying TNA409, unknown terminal type

7. 2620 and two-port e&m card

8. Is the Hotsynch Problem Fixed in the M515?

9. Cisco 2620 + 8 ports BRI

10. 2620 Router Problem - VPN passthrough

11. Cisco 2620 problem

12. CRC problem 2620 <-> 3548

13. cisco 2620 configuration register Problem