Cisco 675 static IP question

Post by dav.. » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello All,
Please bear with me I am new to this and will try and state my questions
as clearly as possible.

We are developing Windows software using Visual Studio and remote
debugging on Win95 and Win98 machines.  Remote debugging only works
using TCP/IP networking.  We just got DSL and 5 static IPs from a local
ISP. Our main development machines use the 5 static IPs so that we have
internet access.

The debugging machines need IPs also.  Prior to getting DSL we just used
local IPs for all of the machines and everything was fine.  With the DSL
and the machines with static IPs we can no longer attach to the
debugging machines.  I suspect it is because of the netmask have to use
with our router.

Is there a way to have our main development machines use our static IPs
and have the remote debugging machines use local IPs that do not get
routed to the net?  The remote debbuging machines do not need internet
access.

TIA,

Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Cisco 675 static IP question

Post by Thomas Blake » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

If you enable PAT on the router, you can set up an inside addressing
scheme for your entire network. Say, a 10.0.0.0 network. (or whatever,
just make SURE it's not publicly routable addresses).

Then, enable PAT (Port Address Translation) on the cisco 675, and
configure it.

This will allow you to retain your inside network structure, and still
allow access to the outside.

Regards,
-Tom-

>Hello All,
>Please bear with me I am new to this and will try and state my questions
>as clearly as possible.

>We are developing Windows software using Visual Studio and remote
>debugging on Win95 and Win98 machines.  Remote debugging only works
>using TCP/IP networking.  We just got DSL and 5 static IPs from a local
>ISP. Our main development machines use the 5 static IPs so that we have
>internet access.

>The debugging machines need IPs also.  Prior to getting DSL we just used
>local IPs for all of the machines and everything was fine.  With the DSL
>and the machines with static IPs we can no longer attach to the
>debugging machines.  I suspect it is because of the netmask have to use
>with our router.

>Is there a way to have our main development machines use our static IPs
>and have the remote debugging machines use local IPs that do not get
>routed to the net?  The remote debbuging machines do not need internet
>access.

>TIA,

>Dave

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. Cisco 675 and static IP question

[...]

2. FA (Ebay): New Sealed 3Com Palm Pilot V PDA VISA/MC L@@K!!!

3. DSL + static ip + cisco 675 questions

4. stuck on win2k P install

5. Cisco 7206 and Cisco 675 Static IP's

6. King & Country

7. 675 - CBOS - Static IP - Bridging & NAT Question

8. PilotGPS time for Cruise-Control

9. cisco 675 DHCP:internal ip static?

10. Cisco 675, static IP subnet routing, is this going to work?

11. Static/dynamic IP - Cisco 675 + Firewall

12. How to setup 2 comps, 1 static ip, no ppp, cisco 675????