What is *Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'?

What is *Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'?

Post by Dave Phelp » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:52:35

Can anyone tell me what this is? It only seems to happen when I telnet from 1
router in my lab to another. It comes from the router I am telnetting from,
because the router I'm telnetting to has NTP configured.

This is all I get...

*Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'
*Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'
*Mar 16 04:26:25: wanted ',' got '-'

Everything continues to run normally. No problems. This is not any trouble issue
or anything. Its just bugging me to death.
Dave Phelps
Phone Masters Ltd.

ARP happens!
nospam=bigfoot

What is *Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'?

Post by Phillip Remake » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> *Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'
> *Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'
> *Mar 16 04:26:25: wanted ',' got '-'

This is a debug from the FTP part of NAT.  (Documented badly, and in poor
format).

4 comma separated IP octets are expected when parsing the PORT command in
order to NAT the FTP connection.  Do you know if this box runs NAT, and what
FTP services are being used?  The router ran into a "-" looking for a ","
Sounds like a non-standard FTP service.  More details?

What is *Mar 16 04:26:24: wanted ',' got '-'?

Post by Dave Phelp » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:20:13

Thanks. I would agree that the debug output leaves a little to be desired.

Yeah, its running NAT. I don't know if it was inbound or outbound traffic. I do
have a static nat translation for FTP. It didn't make an entry in the log or on
the syslog daemon either. I could have been FTPing outbound at the time, I don't
remember. I'll have to test it.