rcmd / rsh help

Post by Eyeball9 » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I received the following advice on getting rcmd / rsh to work, on my 2501,
from someone in this newsgroup. Unfortunately he e-mailed me directly and I
can't e-mail him back because the address is coming up "non-existent
user..."

So, whoever you were - thanks for the advice, but there's one more thing...

I've set the following setup in my 2501:-

username root nopassword
ip rcmd rsh enable
ip remote-host root xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx root enable
ip remote-username root

Now, if I rsh to the router, (I'm trying to do a "sh int s0") I get
"permission denied"

If I switch on debugging in the router, I see the following message whiz
by...

rshd: root xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx root not in trusted hosts database

What have I missed out that I need to allow this permission to work?

tia

Bob

rcmd / rsh help

Post by Alberto Pastor » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Now, if I rsh to the router, (I'm trying to do a "sh int s0") I get
> "permission denied"

> If I switch on debugging in the router, I see the following message whiz
> by...

> rshd: root xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx root not in trusted hosts database

> What have I missed out that I need to allow this permission to work?

Maybe you need to issue the following:

username root nopassword privilege 15

Alberto Pastore
Intranet Research & Developement

MasterSoft S.n.c.
Piazzale Lombardia, 4
28100 NOVARA, ITALY

web: http://www.msoft.it
web: http://www.hardseek.com

Phone: +39-(0)321-466889
Fax: +39-(0)321-465939

1. IP RCMD and RSH

I am attempting to set up a 3640 running 12.1.3a(T1) to accept rsh commands
from a Windows 2000 workstation....

I have set up the following on the cisco:

username rshuser priviledge 15
ip rcmd rsh-enable
ip rcmd remote-host rshuser 10.1.1.14 rshuser enable
ip rcmd no domain-lookup

Then, I tried the following on the Windows 2000 box:

and I get the following response.

C:\>rsh 10.1.0.1 -l rshuser show version
10.1.0.1: Permission denied.
rsh: can't establish connection

Any ideas ??

TIA

2. ANNOUNCE: VGA-Box for SPECTRUM

3. rcmd (rsh) support on Catalyst 2900 XL switches

4. Does RX26 support 1.44 MB floppies?

5. ip rcmd rsh-enable

6. Misc computer stuff FS

7. REMOTE NT COMMANDS: REXEC, RCMD, RSH, ...

8. resident printer fonts no longer will print on dot matrix printer

9. HELP!HELP! RSH UTILITIES OR SOME THING ELSE

10. HELP!! ip rcmd

11. Help me with rsh to cisco please

12. reload using rcmd

13. ip rcmd