Information about routing protocols

Post by Udo Konstant » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm looking for informations about Interior routing protocols like
ospf, rip or eny other types.
Because I want to learn for the ccnp

Thank you

Udo

Post by Leland E. Vandervor » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I'm looking for informations about Interior routing protocols like
> ospf, rip or eny other types.
> Because I want to learn for the ccnp

> Thank you

> Udo

http://www.cisco.com/

Also:

"CCNP/CCDP: Advanced Cisco Router Configuration", Cisco Press
"CCNP Adcanced Cisco Router Configuration Study Guide", Sybex Press
"CCIE: Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 (Deals only with interior protocols)",
Cisco Press

You can also find some good explanations of them in the following books:

O'Reilly:  "Managing TCP/IP Networks with Cisco Routers"
McGraw Hill: "Cisco TCP/IP Routing Professional Reference", by Chris
Lewis

My own opinion, the more material you have, the better since some
books explain things in different ways, so what might not be
totally clear in one, may very well be explained easier in another.

My own library of books is rapidly growing, and I now have about
20 books (about 12 of them Cisco Press), and about 5 binders full of
material from Cisco's website.

Good Luck

Leland

Leland E. Vandervort                       | Responsable Systemes et

http://www2.discpro.org/                   | http://www.multimania.fr/
Undernet Routing-Com Secretary             |   +33 (0)1 53 35 02 55

Information about routing protocols

Post by Andre » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Routing TCP/IP: Volume 1 is a *very* good book.  Also 'Routing in The
Internet.'  Not to mention try reading the RFC's.

Quote:> Hi,
> I'm looking for informations about Interior routing protocols like
> ospf, rip or eny other types.
> Because I want to learn for the ccnp

> Thank you

> Udo

1. Routing Protocol Information!

Greetins NG,

I was wondering if anybody knew of any good resources on IS-IS. I happen to
work for a very big company (GBLX), and we do not run OSPF. We run IS-IS. I
need to learn as much as possible about this protocol, but I am having
trouble finding solid resources. If anybody could help me, it would be
greatly appericiated.

Thanks!

2. SGI Anonymous FTP archives differences (monthly)

3. Next Hop Routing Protocol Information

4. test

5. Backup route without routing protocol

6. Any experience with Trimble Lassen-SQ GPS Module?

7. Static route vrs. Routing protocols.

8. ALpha data Optical mouse $30

9. How can i route the secondary ip address into dynamnic routing protocol?

10. static routes vs a routing protocol

11. Routing Protocol Support vs. Routed Protocls

12. Implementing routing protocols to set preferred route

13. Static routes vs. routing protocol