IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC - What's BASIC??

IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC - What's BASIC??

Post by Robert » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 22:53:08



I have a 2620 router and up to the 12.2.11T track, I could download
IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES as an IOS version.

Now starting with 12.2.13T, they added the word "BASIC" to the end,
and the "normal" version is not an option.  I can only get
IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC on the 12.2.13T track.

What does BASIC mean in this sense?  Was there some functionality
removed from 12.2.11T to 12.2.13T on the 2600 series due to memory
limitations?  I've been all over CCO and can't find a document that
defines the differences.

-Robert

 
 
 

IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC - What's BASIC??

Post by Robert » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:05:14


Anyone have an idea?



Quote:>I have a 2620 router and up to the 12.2.11T track, I could download
>IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES as an IOS version.

>Now starting with 12.2.13T, they added the word "BASIC" to the end,
>and the "normal" version is not an option.  I can only get
>IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC on the 12.2.13T track.

>What does BASIC mean in this sense?  Was there some functionality
>removed from 12.2.11T to 12.2.13T on the 2600 series due to memory
>limitations?  I've been all over CCO and can't find a document that
>defines the differences.

>-Robert


 
 
 

IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC - What's BASIC??

Post by John Kougoulo » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:38:40



> Anyone have an idea?



>>I have a 2620 router and up to the 12.2.11T track, I could download
>>IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES as an IOS version.

>>Now starting with 12.2.13T, they added the word "BASIC" to the end,
>>and the "normal" version is not an option.  I can only get
>>IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC on the 12.2.13T track.

>>What does BASIC mean in this sense?  Was there some functionality
>>removed from 12.2.11T to 12.2.13T on the 2600 series due to memory
>>limitations?  I've been all over CCO and can't find a document that
>>defines the differences.

>>-Robert

Cisco 2600/3620 Associated Feature Image and Memory Updates    
        Downloads              
Cisco 2600/3620 Associated Feature Image and Memory Updates

Product Bulletin No. 1975
Cisco 2600 and 3620
Associated Feature Image and Memory Updates
Addition of New "Basic" Images for Cisco 261x (non XM), Cisco 262x (non
XM) and Cisco 3620 Routers, With Revised Memory Recommendations Starting
in 12.2(13)T

As more functionality is added to the current mix of Cisco platforms,
additional memory requirements are needed to run these images. This has
affected some platforms such as the Cisco 261x, Cisco 262x and Cisco
3620, since these platforms only support a maximum of 64MB of DRAM
and/or a maximum of 16MB of Flash (Cisco 261x only). In order to address
these platforms with limited memory capacity and provide a migration
through 12.3 mainline, a number of "Basic" images listed in Table 1
below have been created to address this need. Due to these memory
constraints, these platforms will not be supported in IOS 12.3T and
beyond. These new images are based on a reduced feature set and/or do
not include new functionality in the same release as other new non
"Basic" images. Please refer to product price list for further
information or contact your Cisco Account Manager.

 
 
 

IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC - What's BASIC??

Post by Rober » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:25:14


Thanks, but any idea what was removed??




>> Anyone have an idea?



>>>I have a 2620 router and up to the 12.2.11T track, I could download
>>>IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES as an IOS version.

>>>Now starting with 12.2.13T, they added the word "BASIC" to the end,
>>>and the "normal" version is not an option.  I can only get
>>>IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC on the 12.2.13T track.

>>>What does BASIC mean in this sense?  Was there some functionality
>>>removed from 12.2.11T to 12.2.13T on the 2600 series due to memory
>>>limitations?  I've been all over CCO and can't find a document that
>>>defines the differences.

>>>-Robert

>Cisco 2600/3620 Associated Feature Image and Memory Updates
>    Downloads              
>Cisco 2600/3620 Associated Feature Image and Memory Updates

>Product Bulletin No. 1975
>Cisco 2600 and 3620
>Associated Feature Image and Memory Updates
>Addition of New "Basic" Images for Cisco 261x (non XM), Cisco 262x (non
>XM) and Cisco 3620 Routers, With Revised Memory Recommendations Starting
>in 12.2(13)T

>As more functionality is added to the current mix of Cisco platforms,
>additional memory requirements are needed to run these images. This has
>affected some platforms such as the Cisco 261x, Cisco 262x and Cisco
>3620, since these platforms only support a maximum of 64MB of DRAM
>and/or a maximum of 16MB of Flash (Cisco 261x only). In order to address
>these platforms with limited memory capacity and provide a migration
>through 12.3 mainline, a number of "Basic" images listed in Table 1
>below have been created to address this need. Due to these memory
>constraints, these platforms will not be supported in IOS 12.3T and
>beyond. These new images are based on a reduced feature set and/or do
>not include new functionality in the same release as other new non
>"Basic" images. Please refer to product price list for further
>information or contact your Cisco Account Manager.

 
 
 

IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC - What's BASIC??

Post by John Kougoulo » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:25:14



> Thanks, but any idea what was removed??

check this out
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_bulletin091...
 
 
 

IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC - What's BASIC??

Post by Rober » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:51:18


Hmm.  That helps.  Thanks.




>> Thanks, but any idea what was removed??

>check this out
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_bulletin091...