EIGRP problems using sync modems conencting 2501 to 2522

EIGRP problems using sync modems conencting 2501 to 2522

Post by Anthony B Hal » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

We have a network of two remote CISCO 2501 routers connected to a 2522
using two modems at each 2501 end using EIGRP for load balancing.
The modems are 33k modems (rockwell chip based) and are setup in
sync modem with the modems providing the clock.  We seem to be
having the problem described in Field Notice FNA-2196.  See
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fna-2196-1.html.  Unfortunately
we have recent hardware and operating system so we already have the
fix nb: Hardware revision 00000002 and Os 11.2.

Basically we seem to get large crc errors, dropped sessions and lost
routes.  We are using the modems in sync mode.  We are thinking of
programming them in "dumb" sync mode.  Also we are about to try and use
the high speed serial interface instead of the low speed.

Has anyone else had these sort of problems and if so what did you do ?

Thanks.
Anthony Hall,
Pro Medicus Pty. Ltd.
Australia.