What is OID to reload a cisco using a snmp set?

What is OID to reload a cisco using a snmp set?

Post by Hans Fering » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 05:20:18

I tried to find the OID to reload a cisco using a
SNMP set. In the documentation I was pointed
into the direction of the old cisco system mib.
However in this mib I could not find an OID that
would reload a router.

Anyone had experience in using it, and where to
find it?

tia,

Hans Feringa

Post by Martin Coope » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 06:32:56

> I tried to find the OID to reload a cisco using a
> SNMP set. In the documentation I was pointed
> into the direction of the old cisco system mib.
> However in this mib I could not find an OID that
> would reload a router.
> Anyone had experience in using it, and where to
> find it?

snmpset <router> <community> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.9.0 integer 2

You need to have a Read-Write community string defined on
the router, and the 'snmp-server system-shutdown' command
has to be defined in the config.

M.

1. What is OID to reload a cisco using a snmp set?

I tried to find the OID to reload a cisco using a
SNMP set. In the documentation I was pointed
into the direction of the old cisco system mib.
However in this mib I could not find an OID that
would reload a router.

Anyone had experience in using it, and where to
find it?

tia

Hans Feringa

2. Is possible Autocommit within my.ini?

3. Using SNMP to set snmp-server on Cisco

4. opening received links

5. Cisco reload with snmp set

6. monitors

7. Help: SNMP-SET of netConfigSet oid on Cisco router

8. comp.dsp FAQ [1 of 4]

9. Is there an SNMP equivalent to "Reload in [x]" / "Reload cancel" commands?

10. 2900XL: Setting PortFast via SNMP needs reload?

11. How to reload using SNMP

12. What can be set on a Cisco router using SNMP?

13. SNMP Memory Used oid