Using SNMP to set snmp-server on Cisco

Post by Jay » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

This seems like a pretty straightforward (seemingly RTFMesque)
question, but after looking and looking, I cannot find the answer..

Is there a MIB to get/set the "snmp-server host" and "snmp-server
enable traps" configuration on a Cisco router?  If there is, what is
it?  If there is not, why not?

--
Any opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions
of my employer.  Take any advice or suggestions I give at your own

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Changing snmp trap destinations by means of snmp set

Hi,

is there a way to change the snmp trap destinations on a cisco
router/device, by means of an snmp set command? I would i.e like to use an
snmp set command towards a router, and tell the router to which ip
address(es) it should send all its future snmp traps.

If this is possible, which mib variable could be used for this purpose, and
in which cisco mib is this variable defined?

Thanks,
Frank W. Mortensen
Oslo, Norway

2. FS SyQuest 2- 44 drives and 30 carts make offer

3. Any STANDARD way to set SNMP TRAP destinations via SNMP?

4. Changing list.com

5. snmp-server packetsize setting

6. How many Exchange infostores?

7. What is OID to reload a cisco using a snmp set?

8. Password protection with Documents to Go

9. What can be set on a Cisco router using SNMP?

10. What is OID to reload a cisco using a snmp set?

11. SNMP Proxy development using Microsoft's SNMP API

12. SNMP - Cisco - SNMP

13. SNMP Cisco IP accounting mib.txt for CMU-SNMP