Analog calls limitation on PRI

Post by Basil V. Dolmato » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello!

Having E1/PRI with incoming ISDN and analog calls I wonder
is it possible to limit quantity of simultaneous analog calls,
reserving some timeslots for ISDN calls and not allowing
analog calls to flood all trunk.

Any config example would be gladly appreciated.

--------------------------------------

East Connection ISP, Moscow, Russia. (http://www.east.ru)

Nick handles ;) : BVD12, DOL1-RIPE, VVD2-RIPN

Analog calls limitation on PRI

Post by Alex Zin » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello!

Hi,

Quote:

>Having E1/PRI with incoming ISDN and analog calls I wonder
>is it possible to limit quantity of simultaneous analog calls,
>reserving some timeslots for ISDN calls and not allowing
>analog calls to flood all trunk.

As I now, there's no explicit command for this purpose,
but thinking logically, you could limit the number of lines,
corresponding to the modems.
What I mean is: when an analog call is accepted via
a PRI interface, a modem and consequently a tty line
get busy. If you configure some lines with "modem
shutdown", or just not to accept incoming calls, you
will limit the number of analog connections.

Also, the same can be done on your PABX , say you
switch all analog calls only to predefined B-channel
group, not all 30 ones. ISDN calls would be routed
to other remaining B-channels.

HIH,

Regards,

Alex D. Zinin, Network consultant
CCSI #98966
AMT Group / ISL
Cisco Systems Silver Certified Partner
http://www.amt.ru
irc://irc.msn.com/#NetCisco [Ustas]

1. ISDN PRI (E1) and analog calls

Hello.
I read documentation CD, and I lost!
This weekend I have to learn a lot!

I bought C3640 with two Network Modules:
 - first has two E1 controllers and Fast Ethernet,
 - second has 30 modems on board.

I configured dialin service for ISDN modems using ppp encapsulation. It
works. But I would like to make analog calls to my router. It doesn't work!

Now I have "line bussy" signal. In the documentation is written about R1
signaling. Shoul I use them?
There in no command to do this in "int cont e1" configuration - wrong
software?

I have no idea how to put to work togheter 30 terminal lines and 30 serial
interfaces (B-channels).
Maybe I have wrong IOS? What should I check for ?

Maybe I should change something in my telecom provider?

Arnold.

2. Caller ID in California??

3. C3620 + NM6DM + PRI : CLID on analog modem calls

4. Anyone using MPI for GIS-type apps?

5. Telebit MICA Blazer with PRI card cannot handle analog calls

6. Cheap People??? (Karma??)

7. Problem with analogue calls to an Nautica 4000 with PRI and Quad modem module

8. Group addresses in sendmail

9. REQUEST: looking for device to multiplex 23 analog calls onto PRI

10. Supporting analog modem calls with ISDN PRI

11. Problem with analogue calls to an Nautica 4000 with PRI and Quad modem module

12. PRI-to-PRI calls

13. Limitations of Analog Communications...