Reserved IP ranges and Cisco 1004 router

Reserved IP ranges and Cisco 1004 router

Post by Ian Roddi » Sun, 04 Feb 2001 02:57:20

Is it possible to have the Cisco 1004 router ( ISDN -> Eth ) setup to
route between an ISDN connection and an ethernet network using a
reserved IP range? As I understand it, the 192.168.0.0 network is
considered to be non-routable. But it is necessary to have the router
connect the ISDN line and the reserved IP network. So, here is a little
diagram . . .

[ISDN]<--->[cisco1004]<--->[ethernet network using resrved range]

Will this work? I thought that maybe the router would route the normally
reserved network because it had a configured interface on it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Ian

Reserved IP ranges and Cisco 1004 router

Post by Rod Dorm » Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:34:26

Quote:>Is it possible to have the Cisco 1004 router ( ISDN -> Eth ) setup to
>route between an ISDN connection and an ethernet network using a
>reserved IP range? As I understand it, the 192.168.0.0 network is
>considered to be non-routable. But it is necessary to have the router
>connect the ISDN line and the reserved IP network. So, here is a little
>diagram . . .

Non-routable refers to routing across the internet.  If your ISDN
connection is to another private network there's no issue at all.

If your ISDN connection is to some ISP then you'll have to use NAT to
translate your private addresses to the public ones you got from your
ISP.

--
                                        -- Rod --

1. Cisco 1004 vs. CiscoPro 1004

I would appreciate if anybody answers my question:

Can an IP/IPX feature set (IOS 11.1)for CiscoPro 1004 work on
Cisco 1004 router, or there are hardware or firmware differences
between these two products that could prevent that.

Thank you.

Artak Melkonian

2. Pass Complex Types in Interop?

3. PCMCIA flash problem on Cisco 1004 ISDN router

4. FS 286 hardware emulator for the A500

5. Cisco 1004 router

6. robots

7. Wanted: Cisco 1004 Router

8. M. Loeve's paper on P. Levy's book

9. Cisco 1004 Router Newbie Questions

10. FS: Cisco 1004 Router NEW $500

11. Cisco 1004 IPeXchange Router & Software

12. 1004 - 1004 connection issues