1. Cisco Price Check / Reality Check
I'm in the process of buying a Cisco 7206 Router for our shop and, frankly,
it looks like it's going to cost me much more than I originally imagined. I
was hoping that someone who knows something about Cisco products could look
over the pricing and features I have been quoted and let me know if it all
smells right. I'm really wondering if I need everything here and if there
are any ways to lower the overall price.
I was quoted by Solunet for the following:
Cisco 7206 Chassis (CISCO7206) - $3,550
7200 Network Processing Engine, 150Mhz (NPE-150) - $3,550
7200 Fast Ethernet Input/Output Controller (C7200-I/O-FE-MII) - $2,130
7200 Series IOS IP Only Feature Set (SF72C-11.2.2) - $2,130
32MB RAM Upgrade (Generic) - $245
7200 I/O PCMCIA Flash Memory, 16MB Option (MEM-I/O-FLC16M) - $781
4-Port Serial Port Adapter (PA-4T) - $3,550
7200 Series InterDomain Routing License (FR-IR72) - $2,414
7200 Series NetFlow License (FR-NF72) - $2,414
7206 Modular Router Base, 6-Slot, SMARTNet M (CON-SNT-7206) - $3,000
ATM CES Port Adapter; 4T1 CES Ports and 1 T3 ATM Port (PA-A2-4T1C-T3ATM) -
I have particular questions about whether I need the Fast Ethernet version
of the I/O controller, the extra flash memory, the inter-domain routing
license (we're doing BGP), and NetFlow (Can it do anything that MRTG
Thanks for your time and help,
TST On Ramp, Inc.
2. Word corrupts my RTF help files
3. serial port check ? null modem cable check ?
4. How To Set A Network Adapter Node Address in the Protocol.ini
5. Packets check in but they don't check out!
6. Compacting myisam files.
7. PIX users - check out important field notices just released
8. Win-OS2 session switch video error
9. Changing the CRC check field of an Ethernet Frame
10. Any snmp object to check "trap destination" in Cisco equipment?
11. SNMP call for checking number of ISDN circuits in use?
12. ISDN Status Check via SNMP
13. How can I check seriallines for error?