Problem in Cisco 1001 --- Cisco 2511 --- Linux host

Problem in Cisco 1001 --- Cisco 2511 --- Linux host

Post by Ale » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

We have 2 office using a 64K line connecting each other.
In the sales office we have a Cisco 1001,
in our technical office we have Cisco 2511 connecting the Cisco 1001 via a
64k lease line using the WAN port.

The problem we have is; when the PC's (Win95 / Win3.1 with PCTCP) in our sales
office try to Telnet to one of our Linux host in the technical office, the
initial connect is very very slow (1 to 2 min). After the Telnet connect
established, everything goes fine.   This problem doesn't occur when the PC's
in our sales office connecting to other Host in the technical office.

PCs <---LAN---> Cisco 1001 <---WAN---> Cisco 2511 <---LAN---> Linux host
(connection very very slow )

Problem in Cisco 1001 --- Cisco 2511 --- Linux host

Post by Alan Holm » Mon, 29 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>We have 2 office using a 64K line connecting each other.
>In the sales office we have a Cisco 1001,
>in our technical office we have Cisco 2511 connecting the Cisco 1001 via
>64k lease line using the WAN port.

>The problem we have is; when the PC's (Win95 / Win3.1 with PCTCP) in our
sales
>office try to Telnet to one of our Linux host in the technical office,
the
>initial connect is very very slow (1 to 2 min). After the Telnet connect
>established, everything goes fine.   This problem doesn't occur when the
PC's
>in our sales office connecting to other Host in the technical office.

>PCs <---LAN---> Cisco 1001 <---WAN---> Cisco 2511 <---LAN---> Linux host
>(connection very very slow )

This sounds like a linux issue, not a cisco one.  The Linux
box maybe running tcp wrapper.  When a machine trys to open
up a telnet session with the linux box tcp wrapper will try
to do a in.addr.arpa dns lookup on the client trying to connect.
The telnet session will not proceed until the dns lookup
times out.  You may just need to add entries for the clients to
/etc/hosts on the linux box.

Hope this helps.

Alan Holmes

1. Anybody interested in a New CISCO 1001 WAN Extender for $300?

I have one of these and I would like to get rid of it.
If you are interested, please let me know. I am in
Australia, but I can ship the beast overseas.

It has AUI and RJ45 Ethernet and Winchester V.35 Serial ports.

Regards,
Mahmoud.

PS. Please remove AS from the end of my address :)

2. Hibrid PC-MAC Formats Writing Programs

3. Cisco 1001 configuration

4. OTher PAPER..HELP!!

5. Wanted: Cisco 1001

6. WARP Connect PPP cmd dialing doesn't work?

7. cisco 1001 question

8. so what about the reader-problem with encrypted books on the cuurent version?

9. How Cisco 1001 LAN Extender works?

10. Cisco 1001 always halt.......

11. Cisco 1001 config?

12. FS: Cisco MC3810V-AC, 801, 802, 2501,1001, 1601