How multiport works ?

Post by Gerardo Blanc » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have a situation where I need to share my bandwidth with other ISP.
If I have a 256k BandWidth, I would like to split it in 2 128k.
What I know is I can do this with a multiport. Maybe I am wrong.
Can somebody head me in the right direction ?
Where Can I find information about How multiport works ?
Can this be done with a cisco router ?

Thanks in advance

--

Gerardo Blanco

How multiport works ?

Post by John McKa » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

how about if you can be more descriptive of your topology... do you
currently have the fract t1 terminating in whos csu/dsu, then where does it
go from there???
when you say share, what do you mean???  is the csu/dsu a multiport or
what.... if a multiport, have your lec reconfigure the t1 channels and so
on... it's not a trivial thing.  in other words, you are getting 6 channels
off the t1... what you want to do is have 3, and give 3 to someone else....
what you may want to do, is just get 3 more channels from the t1 and give
them to the other person... thats what i would do... you are already paying
for having t1 access facilities (fract).  3 more channels should be cheap.
if you want to "share" the existing bandwidth without having the lec get
involved, more info is needed.

>I have a situation where I need to share my bandwidth with other ISP.
>If I have a 256k BandWidth, I would like to split it in 2 128k.
>What I know is I can do this with a multiport. Maybe I am wrong.
>Can somebody head me in the right direction ?
>Where Can I find information about How multiport works ?
>Can this be done with a cisco router ?

>Thanks in advance

>--

>Gerardo Blanco

1. Multiport serial cards VS multiport USB hubs.

    I am considering starting up a small Internet Service Provider using a
Linux/Alpha based machine that has USB support. I was considering buying an
8 port serial card to hook up the dialin modems (haven't bought the modems
as yet). But the prices for multiport serial card hardware is quite
expensive compared to another alternative, multiport USB hubs.
Has anyone here setup up an ISP using USB hubs and USB modems?

2. ShellExecute in .NET

3. How does FOIRL multiport rptr work?

4. provoke disseminated threaten authored

5. Multiport Fast Ethernet IP Router-like?

6. Integrate VS.Net with Visual SourceSafe 6.0

7. Cisco access servers vs multiport cards

8. How do i do next with error message ?

9. Problems w/ Cisco 7000 as multiport bridge

10. experiences with multiport managed media converters?

11. Apple Remote Access and Multiport Modem servers

12. Multiport Ethernet Cards