Need some help and advice setting up a Cisco 2500 Router

Post by t.. » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

>I have a Cisco 2500 router I would like to set up to connect to networks.

>Network 1:
>Uses the IP Addresses 159.89.224.x
>Subnet of: 255.255.254.0

>Network 2:
>Uses the IP Addresses 159.89.160.x
>Subnet of 255.255.248.0

>I am trying to set up the two Ethernet interfaces on the router Ethernet0 and
>Ethernet1.

>When I set the address and subnet for the Ethernet1 after successfully
>configuring Ethernet0 I get the message:
>"Cannot have variable number of subnet bits"

You didn't post the rest of the router config - but if you have IGRP or RIP
enabled they don't support variable-length subnet masks in an internetwork,
which could be why your getting this.

Ted

1. need help setting up reverse telnet on 2511 to 2500 series routers console ports

I just got a Cisco 2511 access router with an octal cable, and need help
setting up reverse telnet to my other 2500 series routers' console ports.

The 2511 has IOS version 12.2.
The octal cable is plugged into async ports 1-8 on the 2511 router.
The other end of the octal cable is plugged into some 2500 series routers.

For example, async port 1 is plugged into the console port of my Cisco
2502 router.  Port 2 is plugged into the console port of my 2514 router.

The instructions from Cisco are not clear.
I setup Ethernet0 with ip 192.168.1.1, my computer is 192.168.1.2.
I telnet to the 2511, the type "telnet 192.168.1.1 2001", but get
"Connection refused by host"

Shouldn't this allow me to connect to the console port of the router as
if I used a computer with a terminal emulator connected to the console port?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Redstar

2. Quicken Home Companion (Intuit)

3. Any good link to a tutorial on setting up a cisco 2500 router?

4. REQ: Engravers Gothic

5. feature set required for VPN termination on a cisco 2500 router

6. SMALL re-post

7. Need help setting up PPTP pass through on a 2500

8. Store Palm Channels to Flash

9. Cisco 2500 to Cisco 2500 by serial ?

10. Help wanted: Need Cisco 2500 MZ maker utility

11. Help need conficuration cisco 2500 10.2

12. Need help adding static route in Cisco 2500