2950/3550 switching mode

Post by BB » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:25:35

Hi all,

I am in concern which switching mode be used by Catalyst 2950 and 3550.
Store-and-Forward or Fragment-Free. Which command can be used to verify or
change it.

Thank you

2950/3550 switching mode

Post by Steinar Ha » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:35:32

["BB"]

|   I am in concern which switching mode be used by Catalyst 2950 and 3550.
|   Store-and-Forward or Fragment-Free. Which command can be used to verify or
|   change it.

These switches only do store and forward. You can't change it. Why would
you want to?

2950/3550 switching mode

Post by Hansang Ba » Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:05:08

> Hi all,

> I am in concern which switching mode be used by Catalyst 2950 and
> 3550.  Store-and-Forward or Fragment-Free. Which command can be used
> to verify or change it.

Why do you care?  It makes no difference in terms of performance.  It's
of marketing interest only.

But I'm pretty sure it's S&F switch.  I don't know anyone that's making
switches other than S&F.

--

hsb

1. Help with switch configuration, ( 3 3550's, 5 2950's end to end )

I am connecting via fiber 8 switches out on a Texas railway. It looks like
this:

3550-2950-2950-2950-3550-2950-2950-3550  <-- then this 3550 has another pair
going straight back to the 1st 3550, to create a redundant path.

That is an 8 switch diameter, and concerned with STP. The 3550's have EMI
images so I have flexibility there. What would you recommend for this as far
as configuration? My goal is that if any fiber link and/or switch breaks, an
alt path exists. Since STP diameter is large than 7 I suppose I cannot just
rely on layer 2 and should break these up into layer 3 somehow?

2. Users profile

3. Cisco 2950 an 3550 switches

4. How much faster is ZMODEM?

5. VTP across 3550-12T 3508G and 2950

6. Configuring ATM on AS400

7. bridging SNA 3550 2950

8. hyperlink file for download - not viewing

9. Cisco 3550 vs 2950

10. 3550 -> PIX 515E -> 2950

11. IOS between 2950 and 3550

12. 1900 vs 2950 vs 3550?