How to capture long ip route table from 7507 unattendedly?

How to capture long ip route table from 7507 unattendedly?

Post by kink » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 05:40:45

We have a simple operation to get the running routing table from the
7507 by executing "sh ip route bgp".  We use MS Hyperterminal to
capture the output to  a text file.  However it's realized that the
table is so long and we have to keep hitting space bar to move on for
more than 10 mins.  I am trying to find a solution so that it can roll
by itself without any manual attention.  This is a very dumb question
but quite a headache to me since this task has to be done quite
frequently.
Thanks,
Joe

Post by M.C. van den Bovenkam » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:10:19

> We have a simple operation to get the running routing table from the
> 7507 by executing "sh ip route bgp".  We use MS Hyperterminal to
> capture the output to  a text file.  However it's realized that the
> table is so long and we have to keep hitting space bar to move on for
> more than 10 mins.  I am trying to find a solution so that it can roll
> by itself without any manual attention.  This is a very dumb question
> but quite a headache to me since this task has to be done quite
> frequently.

'terminal lenght 0'

If you want something scriptable and have a Unix box of some sort handy,
look at netcat
(http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/index.html#network_utilities), or
if it's Linux or *BSD, 'hose' from the netpipes tools.

                Regards,

                        Marco.

How to capture long ip route table from 7507 unattendedly?

Post by MC » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:20:53

Once the terminal settings on the router are set to turn scrolling off you
can do a capture text in HyperTerminal to a file.

> > We have a simple operation to get the running routing table from the
> > 7507 by executing "sh ip route bgp".  We use MS Hyperterminal to
> > capture the output to  a text file.  However it's realized that the
> > table is so long and we have to keep hitting space bar to move on for
> > more than 10 mins.  I am trying to find a solution so that it can roll
> > by itself without any manual attention.  This is a very dumb question
> > but quite a headache to me since this task has to be done quite
> > frequently.

> 'terminal lenght 0'

> If you want something scriptable and have a Unix box of some sort handy,
> look at netcat
> (http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/index.html#network_utilities), or
> if it's Linux or *BSD, 'hose' from the netpipes tools.

> Regards,

> Marco.

How to capture long ip route table from 7507 unattendedly?

Post by kink » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 06:35:28

Yes, that works for me.  Thanks so much.
- Joe

> Once the terminal settings on the router are set to turn scrolling off you
> can do a capture text in HyperTerminal to a file.

> > > We have a simple operation to get the running routing table from the
> > > 7507 by executing "sh ip route bgp".  We use MS Hyperterminal to
> > > capture the output to  a text file.  However it's realized that the
> > > table is so long and we have to keep hitting space bar to move on for
> > > more than 10 mins.  I am trying to find a solution so that it can roll
> > > by itself without any manual attention.  This is a very dumb question
> > > but quite a headache to me since this task has to be done quite
> > > frequently.

> > 'terminal lenght 0'

> > If you want something scriptable and have a Unix box of some sort handy,
> > look at netcat
> > (http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/index.html#network_utilities), or
> > if it's Linux or *BSD, 'hose' from the netpipes tools.

> > Regards,

> > Marco.

1. exchange routes between global IP routing table and VRF routing table

I understand that we can inject the global routes into the VRF routing
table using ip route vrf vrf_name x.x.x.x y.y.y.y next_hop global
command, and vice versa, however, my question is, is there any way to
do it dynamicly (like using dynamic routing protocol)? Since
currently, my customer VRF has a lot of public segment, e.g.
A.x.x.x/8, B.y.y.y/8. They need to access Internet over MPLS VPN link,
but I don't want to take care of every segment manually (using the
static routes with global switch commands).

If there is any way to do it dynamicly, please drop me a line, I
appreciate any input and help.

zher

2. Points to mash?

3. BGP routes to IP main routing table

4. Internet Explorer not allowing access to websites

5. EIGRP topology table vs routing table

6. RFI on KSU System

7. Difference between routing-table and forwarding-table

8. Dateformat in letterstyle

9. Eigrp topology table vs routing table

10. arp table filling rapidly after changing 0.0.0.0 route from ip to int

11. Question on adding ip address to route table in 2501

12. IP routing tables for Cisco routers IOS versions 10.3 and 11.7

13. Flushing the IP routing table - how to ???