Telnet session and idle session

Post by MSSJI » Mon, 10 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Could anybody help to solve the following problems?

By which Cisco commands

1.      to time-out an idle session (telnet) after a specific peroid of time of inactivity.
eg if an maintenance staff forgets to logout a telent session, then the router will close
it automatically after a specific periods).

2.      to limit the number of telnet session that can be open per interface. (eg. to limit the number
of people to open a telnet session to access the router for configuration changes).

Thanks a lot!

Telnet session and idle session

Post by Roger McGuir » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Use the "exec-timeout (minutes) (seconds)" parameter for each VTY line.
I believe there is an inherent limit of 5 VTY (telnet) sessions.    To
limit it below that, you could, only configure the number of <5 VTY lines
for login/password or exec.   Hope this helps.   Roger

Quote:> Could anybody help to solve the following problems?

> By which Cisco commands

> 1. to time-out an idle session (telnet) after a specific peroid of time
of inactivity.
> eg if an maintenance staff forgets to logout a telent session, then the
router will close
> it automatically after a specific periods).

> 2. to limit the number of telnet session that can be open per interface.

(eg. to limit the number
Quote:> of people to open a telnet session to access the router for configuration
changes).

> Thanks a lot!

1. Internet Session via Dedicated Connection Causes All TCP/IP Sessions to Freeze

Hi,

I am looking after a Win95 PC that when connected to the Internet via
Netscape Browser after awhile the browser will just sit saying
'contacting host'.  Selecting 'Stop' does nothing.  Also, if there is a
telnet session open to a local host then this session freezes.  The only
way to regain TCP/IP is to re-start the PC.  I have applied the TCP/IP
updates from the MS web site but these made no difference.  Anyone know
why this is happening?

Regards,
Dan

2. Logon Scripts

3. Idle TCP session over Cisco PIX

4. Boldface greek

5. Session / Idle time out on AS5800

6. Help!!!

7. IPSec idle tcp session disconnect

8. difference between TCP port 1503 and 3389 for RDP???

9. dialer idle-timeout & session-timeout

10. Session Idle Timeout

11. Session and Idle timeouts w/RADIUS

12. session-timeout idle-timeout or absolute-timeout

13. Session-Timeouts and Idle-Timeouts on AS5300 and AS5800