3548 bad NIC problem

Post by JP » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 11:58:33

What version of code are you running on the switch. Check CCO for the bug
reports on the 3548.

Regards,
JP

Quote:> Every now and then when a bad NIC is connected to one of my 3548 switches
> the complete switch crashes. The only way to get it working again is by a
> reboot.

> Does any one of you have had the same problems and hopefully know a
> solution.

> I have one of the configs attached.

> Regards,

> Kees van den Bos

1. Connecting Catalyst 3548 XL to 2924XL Problems

I am attempting to connect a Catalyst 3548 to a 2924.  Using a crossover
cable, I connect one of the fast Ethernet ports on one switch to one on
the other.  After a considerable amount of playing around, I was finally
able to get both ports to come up.  They appear to be communicating, but
a considerable amount of errors appear on the 2924 interface.  The
interface on the 2924 continuously goes down...then comes up...then goes
back down....and so on.

If anyone has any ideas how to rectify this, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adam Block

2. Question on Injecting DLL into another process space

3. CRC problem 2620 <-> 3548

4. Recommendations

5. dhcp problem with 3com 3c920 and 3548

6. mysql from redhat8 will only run one process and remote

7. Catalyst 3548 Broadcast Problem ??

8. Mechanical Desktop Error

9. Strange 3548 Switch Problem

10. NTP Problem sync to 3548

11. daisy-chaining 3548 and 3560 switches

12. Optimal Config between 2 CSS, 2 3548, & Multi VLAN

13. Multiple 3548's and VLAN