tunnelling over ISP

Post by WEE-MENG L » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Has anyone tried tunnelling over 2 different ISPs to join two
networks in different countries together?

Each group besides communicating among themselves also need
Internet access.

Any clues as to what the config would look like?

Thank you,
weemeng
PS: Pls remove spam.not. when replying.

tunnelling over ISP

Post by Neil Brisc » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Has anyone tried tunnelling over 2 different ISPs to join two
> networks in different countries together?

> Each group besides communicating among themselves also need
> Internet access.

> Any clues as to what the config would look like?

Yup, but not using routers - but compatible firewalls behind the ISP
provided router.

A tunnel is formed by encapsulating what appears to be local traffic into
traffic between the external interfaces of both firewalls - each firewall
encrypts and de crypts packets from VPN nodes on the fly.

Regards
Neil

1. Split Tunnel Blocks http through tunnel but passes http around tunnel

I've created a tunnel between two offices using a 501 and 506e.  All
functions of the firewall work normally.  I can get on the Internet, pass
E-mail, telnet, ftp etc.  However I cannot get to a private Extranet behind
the 506e.  I can ping, ftp and e-mail but http traffic does not get through.
In the web browser I get "Web site found, waiting on host" in the status bar
but nothing else.

Any thoughts on where to start looking?

2. New PMMERGE.dll good

3. voice-overs

4. Multiple news collections don't generate unique folder lists

5. VPDN, tunneling through dialup ISP

6. System Administrator with Notes experience needed - London, UK

7. TR303 + L2F - LEC-to-ISP tunnels

8. Graphs in Excel

9. Tunneling through an ISP

10. FreeSWan: Road-Warrior's tunnel dies after 1 min. My ISP's fault?

11. VPDN, tunneling through dialup ISP

12. GRE Tunnel up/up Cannot ping tunnel interface

13. One IPsec tunnel and no ISAKMP tunnel.