Question on adding ip address to route table in 2501

Question on adding ip address to route table in 2501

Post by George Samuelso » Sat, 08 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,

I now that this a very simple question.

I am attempting to connect the Altavista Firewall product to our backbone
and am having troubles getting the second ethernet interface on an
alphastation to talk to the internet using a cisco 2501 v9.14.

After talking to digital the past few days it appears as though I need to
enter the ip address of the tu1 interface card into the cisco's route
table. Apparently the Altavista Firewall does not send out RIP by design
so before the cisco will talk to the alpha I need to do this.

I am pretty new to this so could you please explain how I would enter this
address into the route table for the 2501. Let's say for example the
interface on the alpha is 192.1.25.16.

Thanks for your help,

George

Rock Valley College                   Phone:    (815)654-5561
3301 North Mulford Road               FAX:      (815)654-4459
Rockford, IL 61114-5699
Network Systems Support
 ___  __  _ _
|__|| _||//||_  '81 924 Turbo - Silver
___||||__  ||

                    Down to 1 Rottweiler and a Boxer called Molley

1. exchange routes between global IP routing table and VRF routing table

I understand that we can inject the global routes into the VRF routing
table using ip route vrf vrf_name x.x.x.x y.y.y.y next_hop global
command, and vice versa, however, my question is, is there any way to
do it dynamicly (like using dynamic routing protocol)? Since
currently, my customer VRF has a lot of public segment, e.g.
A.x.x.x/8, B.y.y.y/8. They need to access Internet over MPLS VPN link,
but I don't want to take care of every segment manually (using the
static routes with global switch commands).

If there is any way to do it dynamicly, please drop me a line, I
appreciate any input and help.

zher

2. Safari Crashing

3. Adding single static IP routing to 2501

4. Pegasus Mail address book conversion

5. BGP on 2501 , Max.Mem 4 2501 , and affects of incomplete BGP table

6. X-Emacs for Linux?

7. Adding routes to Cisco 2501

8. Problem with my clock (1200)

9. Adding a Route (Cisco 2501)

10. BGP routes to IP main routing table

11. IP Helper question (route table modification)

12. default route question on routing table

13. Policy Routing and the Route Table Design Question