MIB Errors On RFC1382-MIB.my

Post by S.. » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

All-

Does anyone know why I'm getting the following errors from NetView
when trying to load RFC1382-MIB.my?

"Error detected while loading MIB file
/usr/OV/snmp_mibs/RFC1382-MIB.my.  This MIB cannot be loaded until the
following problem is corrected:

Line 1750: Error defining DEFVAL: Expected '}', found '{'

Accepted syntax for OBJECT-TYPE:
  object-label OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX type
    ACCESS read-only  |  read-write  |  write-only  | not-accessible
    STATUS mandatory  |  optional    |  obsolete    | deprecated
[ DESCRIPTION  "text"  ]
[ REFERENCE    "text"  ]
[ INDEX  { variable ...  }  ]
[ DEFVAL { value }  ]

:: =  { parentlabel subid }

Example:
  sysUpTime OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX TimeTicks
    ACCESS read-only
    STATUS mandatory
    DESCRIPTION
      "The time (in hundreths of a second) since the network
       management portion of thr system was last re-initialized."
  :: = { system 3 }"

I also attached the MIB.

TIA,
Stephanie Cornish

  rfc138~1.my
< 1K Download

1. MIB Support for Access routers, no support for SYSLOG-MIB

Hello,

sitting here and wondering that against all definitions  in the Cisco
MIB Specification, not all the MIB are supported by the access devices
in reality.

Especially the Cisco SYSLOG-MIB is not supported by almost all access
devices. The Specification promises:

The below MIBs are supported by IOS version 10.2 and later.

See e.g. for 7000 Series:
ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/c7000/c7000-supportlist.html

We have on almost all routers IOS-Version 12.2(6) running and I expect
that the MIB are supported according to OR LATER.
But, it seems that only the MIBs of 10.2 are supported (e.g. on the
7000 Series).  Especially I will use the Cisco Syslog Mib on different
routers. But, this seems to be possible only on 2600 & 3600 Series (so
my tests on the routers).

Does anyone knows what is wrong here?, or is that always good luck
what MIBs are supported?

Hopefully anyone has a hint for me.

Thanks in advance
Andreas

2. Cioyrught Seminar 5/28/96

3. Looking for workgroup MIB for CISCO-STACK-MIB

4. remote hotsync

5. Utilization measured by mib vars vs. rmon mib

6. Saving with the COM interface

7. 9.1 MIB vs. 8.3 MIB

8. * Newsgroup doc. and 5684 Tips, Tricks, and Registry Hacks - 02-Sep-2002 02:01.16 *

9. CMU mib.txt for cisco mib ?

10. No luck setting an Octet string in a MIB - specifically the Q-btridge MIB.

11. Should REPEATER MIB (RFC1516) and RMON MIB (RFC1757) give the same results?

12. Microsoft MIBS (IIS.MIB & INETSERV.MIB)

13. I need a free java mib compiler that compiles and parses a MIB