How do i configure a cisco 2500 router with Frame-Relay and NAT

How do i configure a cisco 2500 router with Frame-Relay and NAT

Post by Jared Timmerm » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 05:52:29

We have been working on our case study for CCNA 4, and we are assigned
to put frame-relay as the encapsulation type on all the routers, and
NAT on the router that the main offce's hosts are going to use. We are
using CCNA 3's case study, but we are just incorperating CCNA 4's case
study specs. My classmates and I can get either frame-relay or NAT up,
but not at the same time. When we try to put both on we can't ping
each other or some wierd things will happen where we can ping one but
not the other. We were wondering if anyone knew what the problem was,
or if you couldn't give us some kind of configuration. If you need the
configurations for our routers, e-mail me back and I will get them to
you.

reply soon

thank you,
          OC's CCNA 4 class.

How do i configure a cisco 2500 router with Frame-Relay and NAT

Post by PES » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:51:19

You would only be able to ping from something on an inside interface to
another inside interface or an outside interface.  You could also ping from
an outside interface to another outside interface.  Or you could ping from
any inside or outside interface to an interface that does not have an ip nat
statement.  To go from outside to inside, you would have to have a static
translation.

Quote:> We have been working on our case study for CCNA 4, and we are assigned
> to put frame-relay as the encapsulation type on all the routers, and
> NAT on the router that the main offce's hosts are going to use. We are
> using CCNA 3's case study, but we are just incorperating CCNA 4's case
> study specs. My classmates and I can get either frame-relay or NAT up,
> but not at the same time. When we try to put both on we can't ping
> each other or some wierd things will happen where we can ping one but
> not the other. We were wondering if anyone knew what the problem was,
> or if you couldn't give us some kind of configuration. If you need the
> configurations for our routers, e-mail me back and I will get them to
> you.

> reply soon

> thank you,
>          OC's CCNA 4 class.

1. 2500 series & 2 Frame-relay circuits

Got a 2505 router, 2M of RAM, using it for Frame-Relay, external
Adtran TSU CSU/DSU's.  It was in another location & working just fine
using only one serial.   Now I'm using it to test at a new location
with 2 circuits, thus 2 serials.   Unit works just fine with only one
serial active, and it doesn't matter which one, but craps when both
are active.  Slower than snot & drops every other ping when both are
active.

I have done this once before, and didn't have any problems.  The only
difference being that the other time we added another 2M (4M total) of
RAM to the router (a 2501), lit up serial1, and away we went!  The
production router will be a 2501.

I think I just need more RAM, what do you think?

Thanks for your help!

2. WTB: Atari 8/16/32 bit hardware

3. Configuring a router as Frame-Relay Switch (SVC)

4. sysinfo -s problems with O2K after hardware upgrade

5. Frame-Relay connects with 2500

6. voice modem

7. help configuring cisco 2600 for frame-relay

8. Toolbox: redrawing an button that needs help

9. Multiple Frame Relay Circuits aggregated with Cisco 2500

10. Cisco 2500 and Frame Relay of 2 Mb

11. CISCO 2500 as a Frame Relay Switch

12. Configure Frame-Relay with Cisco working with Nortel Passport 4450

13. frame-relay interface-dlci vs frame-relay local-dlci