2509 and dynamic PPP

Post by zam.. » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I just set up tacacs+ on freebsd and was wondering the following:

Did anyone else need to delete the password aging section in order to compile
correctly?

I can do a reverse telnet to the modem and get a login/password prompt, but
will not prompt when connecting directly to the port

When I _do_ a reverse telnet, I get the login/password prompt, I cannot quit
out as there is no prompt after and I cannot use +++ to escape. Is this normal?

Is there a sample config file for dynamic ppp somewhere I can reference to see
if I did this correctly?

Thanks for any help. I am new on the Cisco 11.0 having had more experience
on the Livingston/Radius combo.

Lindsey Cheng

1. Dynamic IP addressing on CISCO Router 2509

Is anyone out there using a CISCO router to connect to another site
which issues DYNAMIC IPs ?

I have a CISCO 2509 router to configure to run SLIP/PPP to the IBM
Global Network (read ISP) and they only allow Dynamic IPs.
Is it possible to accept values back from the connection within the
'chat' script to set the IP address using something like:-

SUPPLIED_IP=""  "PPP $SUPPLIED_IP"
or
SUPPLIED_IP=""  "SLIP $SUPPLIED_IP"

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
sav

2. Launchpad

3. cisco 2509 to WinNT by ppp

4. updating forms via other forms

5. Odd 2610->2509 PPP link problem

6. msn messanger + ol5

7. 2509 PPP line protocol up-down loop :(

8. NEWTON KEYBOARD w/ PILOT

9. 2509 and Multilink PPP

10. 1601<-ppp->2509

11. Problem with PPP on a 2509 running 10.3.2

12. problems with cisco 2509 and ppp

13. Help w/ configure dial-in PPP on 2509!!