aironet not allowing dhcp requests

Post by Bill » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:35:42

Can't figure out connected hosts can't get dhcp address through an
aironet 1200. I've tried the ip helper and ip dhcp-server commands to no
avail.

aironet not allowing dhcp requests

Post by Jeff » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:04:23

Quote:> Can't figure out connected hosts can't get dhcp address through an
> aironet 1200. I've tried the ip helper and ip dhcp-server commands to no
> avail.

So if you configure a static IP on these hosts they work OK?  There
is nothing that I can think of on the AP, unless you configured it
for it, that would block bootp packets.  If the static IP test works
ok double check that you have a scope set up correctly, and that you
are permitting bootps though any access-lists.  Do you have a sniffer
handy?

-Jeff

aironet not allowing dhcp requests

Post by Andrey Taraso » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:09:54

Hello, Jeff!
You wrote  on Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:04:23 GMT:

 ??>> Can't figure out connected hosts can't get dhcp address through
 ??>> an aironet 1200. I've tried the ip helper and ip dhcp-server
 ??>> commands to no avail.
 ??>>
 JC> So if you configure a static IP on these hosts they work OK?
 JC> There is nothing that I can think of on the AP, unless you
 JC> configured it for it, that would block bootp packets.  If the
 JC> static IP test works ok double check that you have a scope set up
 JC> correctly, and that you are permitting bootps though any
 JC> access-lists.  Do you have a sniffer handy?

If this access point is running VxWorks there is a bug in specific versions -
Aironet a/b/g card can't get DHCP address when connected to such AP.

With best regards,
Andrey.

1. Allowing DHCP requests to traverse routed WAN

Hi

Simple scenario - but we are not cisco gurus...

Site 1 - has NT4 server with DHCP and 10 PCs   (10.1.x.x)
Site 2 - has NT4 server with DHCP and 100 PCs  (10.2.x.x)

Site 1 server will be decomissioned shortly leaving NO SERVERS on site
1. (so can't use NT DHCP-RELAY agent)

Cisco 160x routers at either end in "routed configration" see subnets
above.

I understand I can create a DHCP scope on DHCP server on site 2 for
10.1.x.x PCs and will respond with 10.1 addresses to PCs from that
site; and 10.2 addresses for local site.

But - the routers don't allow the DHCP traffic to pass.

So - questions:-
1 - how can you get DHCP to traverse a routed WAN
2 - Is my understanding of creating multiple scopes on one DHCP server
correct?

Thanks in advance!

2. Font viewer for fonts NOT installed?

3. router not responding to dhcp requests?

4. 3COM,Synoptics,Cabletron Opinions

5. ip address dhcp - how to pass client name in dhcp request?

6. Building a Home in Eastern Ontario?

7. Aironet 350 sending extra EAP-identity request?

8. can FP 98 set absolute page size?

9. Configure Aironet 1100 with static ip and as a DHCP server

10. aironet 1200 - two vlan's, dhcp question

11. Cisco/Aironet and DHCP

12. DHCP Aironet 1200 series AP

13. Cisco Aironet 350 pcm adapter losing dhcp connection when laptop is off