2511 Junk Booting

Post by suun » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:31:03

Hi All
sorry for the descriptive message.

We have two # of 2511 one of them was giving junk ( junk output is
appended with this mail). What i did i removed the BOOT-ROMs from the
non working 2511 and replaced with the working 2511, it worked, still
it is working. I am using the same console for these two routers.

Couple of days back  I  replaced the old BOOT-ROMs, which i felt
culprit ,in the router which was giving problem, to my surprise  it
too  worked. I kept those same BOOT ROMs in non-working router, now it
is working.

But The  router which was working earlier gives the similar kind of
junk ( this output  also appended with this mail) Then swapped the
BOOT ROMs  with funtional router, still it gives the junk. Tried
diffrent combinations like changed the flash, Dram, BOOT ROMs etc, but
still it  gives the junk.

Am using the following settings for  console port:

9600 baud rate
No parity
8 data bits
1 stop bit
No flow control
Also tried with diffrent settings.

Please suggest the fix for this problem.
Once again Thank you very much for your response and suggestions.

With Warm regards

Suunil

P.S:

Non-working routers junk out put ( Now working):

--------------

Working router ( Now Non-working)

?Y
  5%?{!!    = ?S5  -!#??? =-?[ugu}Yu?YasWQ}[u??y!
 -1/ ?9-?   "   ??;
?9- 9!?Y
  5% ??3???
?joz???{??K5]?ey!3?%=-#?%5%!

?  8 ??
&    0€8    €

2511 Junk Booting

Post by Hansang Ba » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:40:34

[snip]

Quote:> But The  router which was working earlier gives the similar kind of
> junk ( this output  also appended with this mail) Then swapped the
> BOOT ROMs  with funtional router, still it gives the junk. Tried
> diffrent combinations like changed the flash, Dram, BOOT ROMs etc, but
> still it  gives the junk.
> Am using the following settings for  console port:

> 9600 baud rate
> No parity
> 8 data bits
> 1 stop bit
> No flow control
> Also tried with diffrent settings.

> Please suggest the fix for this problem.
> Once again Thank you very much for your response and suggestions.

Break into ROMMON and issue "o/r 0x2102"    This will set the console
port (among other things).  Are you sure someone didn't change the
console port speed via config-registers?

--

hsb

"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by suun » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:40:02

It is not allowing me to get into ROMMON.The movement router is
swithed on it display junk.

Suunil

> [snip]
> > But The  router which was working earlier gives the similar kind of
> > junk ( this output  also appended with this mail) Then swapped the
> > BOOT ROMs  with funtional router, still it gives the junk. Tried
> > diffrent combinations like changed the flash, Dram, BOOT ROMs etc, but
> > still it  gives the junk.
> > Am using the following settings for  console port:

> > 9600 baud rate
> > No parity
> > 8 data bits
> > 1 stop bit
> > No flow control
> > Also tried with diffrent settings.

> > Please suggest the fix for this problem.
> > Once again Thank you very much for your response and suggestions.

> Break into ROMMON and issue "o/r 0x2102"    This will set the console
> port (among other things).  Are you sure someone didn't change the
> console port speed via config-registers?

> --

> hsb

> "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
> ***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
> Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
> reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by Hansang Ba » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:31:23

Quote:> It is not allowing me to get into ROMMON.The movement router is
> swithed on it display junk.

It's possible someone blew out the console port - though not likely.
Follow the instructions on CCO to break into it.  Use the search words
"break key sequence" when you get to CCO.

--

hsb

"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by suun » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:50:39

Let us consider if console port is faulty or blown , then what is the
solution. I dont have cco a/c.

suunil

> > It is not allowing me to get into ROMMON.The movement router is
> > swithed on it display junk.

> It's possible someone blew out the console port - though not likely.
> Follow the instructions on CCO to break into it.  Use the search words
> "break key sequence" when you get to CCO.

> --

> hsb

> "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
> ***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
> Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
> reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by Hansang Ba » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:46:16

Quote:> Let us consider if console port is faulty or blown , then what is the
> solution. I dont have cco a/c.

I think you're out of luck.  I don't think it's worth it to fix it at
the component level.

--

hsb

"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by suun » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 16:22:27

Hi Hansang Bae,

Thank you once again. Now tried with diffrent options, ultimatley able
to figure it out. Problem is with console port.
Is there any way to get in router, because my router are configured
with 0x2142. Moreover after some time of booting i connected the
console cable into aux port, there it gives me "Router>" prompt but
since it is booting with 0x2142 and there is no password set for aux
port. Pl. help me out in suggesting the solution or alternative.

Warm Regards
suunil

> > Let us consider if console port is faulty or blown , then what is the
> > solution. I dont have cco a/c.

> I think you're out of luck.  I don't think it's worth it to fix it at
> the component level.

> --

> hsb

> "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
> ***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
> Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
> reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by Hansang Ba » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:19:48

Quote:> Thank you once again. Now tried with diffrent options, ultimatley able
> to figure it out. Problem is with console port.
> Is there any way to get in router, because my router are configured
> with 0x2142. Moreover after some time of booting i connected the
> console cable into aux port, there it gives me "Router>" prompt but
> since it is booting with 0x2142 and there is no password set for aux
> port. Pl. help me out in suggesting the solution or alternative.

No solution that I know of.

--

hsb

"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by Ryan Goolevitc » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:49:09

Try every possible port speed in your terminal program.. 300bps all the way
up to 115200, and see if one works..

> > Thank you once again. Now tried with diffrent options, ultimatley able
> > to figure it out. Problem is with console port.
> > Is there any way to get in router, because my router are configured
> > with 0x2142. Moreover after some time of booting i connected the
> > console cable into aux port, there it gives me "Router>" prompt but
> > since it is booting with 0x2142 and there is no password set for aux
> > port. Pl. help me out in suggesting the solution or alternative.

> No solution that I know of.

> --

> hsb

> "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
> ***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
> Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
> reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

2511 Junk Booting

Post by suun » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:40:09

Yes I tried with these too. No its not working.
Any other alternative with hardware.
solution and suggestion is highly appreciated.

suunil

> Try every possible port speed in your terminal program.. 300bps all the way
> up to 115200, and see if one works..

> > > Thank you once again. Now tried with diffrent options, ultimatley able
> > > to figure it out. Problem is with console port.
> > > Is there any way to get in router, because my router are configured
> > > with 0x2142. Moreover after some time of booting i connected the
> > > console cable into aux port, there it gives me "Router>" prompt but
> > > since it is booting with 0x2142 and there is no password set for aux
> > > port. Pl. help me out in suggesting the solution or alternative.

> > No solution that I know of.

> > --

> > hsb

> > "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
> > ***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
> > Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
> > reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

1. Cisco 2511 Not booting?

Hi all

My cisco 2511 is not booting it stops there ? sit there forever ..

System Bootstrap, Version 11.0(10c), SOFTWARE
Copyright (c) 1986-1996 by cisco Systems
2500 processor with 14336 Kbytes of main memory

Does anyone have an idea ??

Marc-andre Poupier

2. International PGP licensing problem ( long )

3. Boot problems in 2511

4. Wanted: COBOL and ASM compilers, translators, optimizers

5. Error messages on booting router 2511

6. Forms 4.5 Help Needed

7. Signal 11 shortly after upgrading to 4.0.12

8. 2511 Boot Error's

9. 2511 bootstrap boot probs

10. Help needed with 2511 booting

11. Cisco 2511 boot problem