Low-end Cisco router for IPX

Post by sanjib raj bhandar » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Could anyone there please tell me if Cisco does a low-end router (with 2
sync ports) which does IPX.

Thanks in advance

Low-end Cisco router for IPX

Post by Tony L » Mon, 24 Jul 1995 04:00:00

   Could anyone there please tell me if Cisco does a low-end router (with 2
   sync ports) which does IPX.

A 2501, for example, would be appropriate.

Tony

1. Please enable egress filters by default on low-end CISCO routers

Nearly every other piece of network software in the world has "default
settings" that contain restrictions on usage, except our most
important ones - our routers.  For example: email servers come with
rate filtering defaults and are closed to relaying by default.

Router vendors should be selling products that are "default
restrictive", unless you are an advanced user who knows how to unlock
more powerful features - not the other way around.

Rather than begging 200 million clueless users to reconfigure their
OS'es and routers after installing them, we should simply call
attention to the security vulnerabilities inherent in the default
settings of the hardware.

Filters that are within the capabilities of the O/S and are reasonable
defaults for a majority of the users should be enabled by default.

At some point, failure to do this could even be seen as negligent on
the part of the vendors.

At the very least, egress filtering, syn flood prevention, basic port
filters should be enabled by default.

Also, let me know when this is fixed. ;)

2. Adobe Acrobat Beta

3. cisco vs. netblazer for low-end router/term server

4. Bad PDF printing

5. wtb: low-end Cisco router

6. Any plans for better syntax-sensitive editing?

7. WTB: 2 low-end routers

8. Beginner OSPF questions

9. low-end mult-ethernet router?

10. Network World review of 5 low-end routers

11. Low-end/low budget Internet sites

12. Wanted- Low End Cisco Router which can do NAT

13. low-end sniffer for 2924 switch