kill reversed telnet

Post by Lars S?win » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 16:37:57

Hi,
does any one know what the necessary settings are
to kill a reversed telnet session (RS232 + TCP)
from a remote host.

trying to use ctrl-d (dec 4) to end the session.

host------IP-------3640-------rs232-------Cisco_console

thanks Lars

kill reversed telnet

Post by Steven A. Ridde » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 20:27:01

ctrl+shift+6 then x.

Quote:> Hi,
> does any one know what the necessary settings are
> to kill a reversed telnet session (RS232 + TCP)
> from a remote host.

> trying to use ctrl-d (dec 4) to end the session.

> host------IP-------3640-------rs232-------Cisco_console

> thanks Lars

kill reversed telnet

Post by larssaw.. » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:26:46

thanks but i whant to use ctrl-d
/Lars

> ctrl+shift+6 then x.

> > Hi,
> > does any one know what the necessary settings are
> > to kill a reversed telnet session (RS232 + TCP)
> > from a remote host.

> > trying to use ctrl-d (dec 4) to end the session.

> > host------IP-------3640-------rs232-------Cisco_console

> > thanks Lars

kill reversed telnet

Post by Steven A. Ridde » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:50:14

Try "clear line #" then.

> thanks but i whant to use ctrl-d
> /Lars

> > ctrl+shift+6 then x.

> > > Hi,
> > > does any one know what the necessary settings are
> > > to kill a reversed telnet session (RS232 + TCP)
> > > from a remote host.

> > > trying to use ctrl-d (dec 4) to end the session.

> > > host------IP-------3640-------rs232-------Cisco_console

> > > thanks Lars

kill reversed telnet

Post by Doug » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 01:33:51

Take a look at the following url. It explains how to change the escape
sequence.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/rpc_r/...
tm#xtocid209602

> thanks but i whant to use ctrl-d
> /Lars

> > ctrl+shift+6 then x.

> > > Hi,
> > > does any one know what the necessary settings are
> > > to kill a reversed telnet session (RS232 + TCP)
> > > from a remote host.

> > > trying to use ctrl-d (dec 4) to end the session.

> > > host------IP-------3640-------rs232-------Cisco_console

> > > thanks Lars

kill reversed telnet

Post by Aaron Leona » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 05:37:23

Provide to the telnet client software running in the
host whatever command it requires to clear the TCP session.

Aaron

[ sorry Barmar, years of working at Cisco have irrevocably
instilled in me the habit of top-posting ]

---

~
~ trying to use ctrl-d (dec 4) to end the session.
~
~ host------IP-------3640-------rs232-------Cisco_console
~
~ thanks Lars
~
~

kill reversed telnet

Post by Ron » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:15:11

says...

Quote:> thanks but i whant to use ctrl-d
> /Lars

Best you can do is Ctrl-d x

conf t
line vty 0 4
escape-character 4
end
wr me

Now it will use Ctrl-d instead of that ugly Ctrl+Shift+6 but you still
need to hit an x after the Ctrl-d then do
disc 1

You could simplify the disc 1 to just d with
conf t
alias exec d disconnect 1
end
wr me

now you have to do
Ctrl-d x
wait until you see it has taken effect then

Ron
Ron

> > ctrl+shift+6 then x.

> > > Hi,
> > > does any one know what the necessary settings are
> > > to kill a reversed telnet session (RS232 + TCP)
> > > from a remote host.

> > > trying to use ctrl-d (dec 4) to end the session.

> > > host------IP-------3640-------rs232-------Cisco_console

> > > thanks Lars

1. Telnet vs. Raw TCP vs. Binary Telnet (reverse telnet)

Can someone explain what *exactly* is meant with the descriptions
Cisco give to the reverse telnet port numbers ?

Telnet Protocol                        port 2000/3000
Raw TCP protocol (no Telnet protocol)  port 4000/5000
Telnet protocol, binary mode           port 6000/7000

Thanks
--

S-mail : Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70, 2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands
Phone  : +31 70 3067373

2. Background BMP Randomiser for Warp

3. kill telnet sessions

4. How do I get screening to plot?

5. Kill telnet Session

6. ASUS, dual pro, 50%, ACPI

7. Help: What's killing my telnet sessions?

8. Ghost-image problem HP scanjet 4c?

9. Help! Ascend VPN kills telnet sessions

10. what's going on here??? reverse telnet

11. Reverse Telnet Authorization

12. NO USERNAME PROMPT WHEN USING REVERSE-TELNET

13. need help setting up reverse telnet on 2511 to 2500 series routers console ports