Do you always need to configure chat-script?

Do you always need to configure chat-script?

Post by Erik Pe » Thu, 06 Dec 2001 01:07:45

When configuring callback to a modem, do you always need to configure that
chat-script-stuff? I'm going to configure a 3640 with digital modems to call
back a Nokia 6210.

Do you always need to configure chat-script?

Post by Aaron Leona » Thu, 06 Dec 2001 06:50:26

You don't always need to configure a custom chat script,
because there are built in (hidden) chat scripts
that will be used by default.

But in your case you are doing a V.110 call rather than a
voiceband modem call, right?  In that case, the default
chat scripts won't work for you, because they'll do an
ATDT\T while you need ATDI\T.

Aaron

---

~ When configuring callback to a modem, do you always need to configure that
~ chat-script-stuff? I'm going to configure a 3640 with digital modems to call
~ back a Nokia 6210.
~
~