Any Spectrum users??

Post by Francisco Javier Reyna Castill » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

Have you ever tried configuring frame relay traps ?
That is the better way you'll notice when a dlci goes down

Francisco Reyna
INFOSEL

1. Any Spectrum users??

I am using/wanting to use spectrum enterprise element manager to monitor my
FrameRelay  connections via my Cisco 4700 router. All I want the damn
prodcut to do is to alarm when a DLCI changes or is deleted.

That should be simple right... WRONG. I have a T-1 that is broken out into
about 9 sub-interfaces. It seems that spectrum can't resolve deeper than 1
sub-interface. I am running Cisco IOS 11.2(7).  My other frame connections
that have only 1 sub-interface seem to be working correctly. DLCI/PVC
drops, red alarm.

Let me state that I am not using spectrum to resolve the routers on the
other end of the T1. I was "sold" spectrum as a frame relay monitoring
tool. I don't know too many companies that are going to let me "stick" a
[...]

thanks

--
Doug Moore
Network Administrator

Bank via the net- Http://www.sfnb.com
x6281

2. Looking for a SCSI controller board

3. In DSL terminology, what is the diff between single spectrum, double spectrum and quad spectrum?

4. Authors/Publishers using Replica Books please read

5. Global Spectrum Regulation/Spectrum Efficiency

6. rendering lightmaps in directX

7. User comments on Spectrum and Concord's Network Health

8. Scanning resolution for inkjet output?

9. cisco rsm and spectrum management

10. HP OV/Ciscoworks VS Spectrum

11. TACACS+ GUI App for SPECTRUM: FREE 30 Trial Offer

12. cisco management under ctron spectrum

13. CiscoWorks and Spectrum