Upgrading IOS on a 1605R

Post by Mike Russel » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I don't seem to have a 'memory-size' command... Does not seem to exist on
a 1605R.... Any thoughts?

--
Mike Russell

416-756-2442

Upgrading IOS on a 1605R

Post by Rod Dorm » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Can someone provide a little detail on upgrading the IOS on a
>1605R. Currently installed is 11.3 IP+. I am having some problems with the
>NAT that I believe will be resolved by upgading the IOS...

>When I TFTP a new IOS to the Flash card it fails during boot, shortly
>after uncompressing the image. If I revert to the original IOS it boots
>fine... I believe that the onboard rommon image may have to match the
>image in flash? Any suggestions?

The 160xR series are run from RAM.  Have you verified that you have
enough RAM for the IOS version and features that you are attempting to
boot?

--
                                        -- Rod --

Upgrading IOS on a 1605R

Post by LU » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I know enough ios to be dangerous my friend and it's not dangerous to
match anything....try tftp the new ios again.  improve the ram of the
box....old pc ram would work fine.  put a 32m in there and download
c1600-osy56i-mz.121-5.bin image...works great with nat :)

Quote:>Can someone provide a little detail on upgrading the IOS on a
>1605R. Currently installed is 11.3 IP+. I am having some problems with the
>NAT that I believe will be resolved by upgading the IOS...

>When I TFTP a new IOS to the Flash card it fails during boot, shortly
>after uncompressing the image. If I revert to the original IOS it boots
>fine... I believe that the onboard rommon image may have to match the
>image in flash? Any suggestions?

>Thanks

 With Servers In California, Texas And *ia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Upgrading IOS on a 1605R

Post by jbrunner.. » Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:33:35

no i dont think it because of the rommon image.. i think its a mem
issue... try increasing the iomem size

memory-size iomem 50
should do the trick.. and write mem and reboot... this command in nvram
should help..
i upgraded my 3640's to 12.1 and they needed it cause they were not
using enough DRAM for running the image.

a.etob1.on.wave.home.com>,

> Can someone provide a little detail on upgrading the IOS on a
> 1605R. Currently installed is 11.3 IP+. I am having some problems
with the
> NAT that I believe will be resolved by upgading the IOS...

> When I TFTP a new IOS to the Flash card it fails during boot, shortly
> after uncompressing the image. If I revert to the original IOS it
boots
> fine... I believe that the onboard rommon image may have to match the
> image in flash? Any suggestions?

> Thanks

> --
> Mike Russell

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Upgrading IOS on a 1605R

Post by Mike Russel » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 02:14:21

Bang on!

Thanks kindly to everyone! Pulled off the cover, tossed in a 16mb
simm,  Fired er up and put on the latest and greatest IOS...

Now what ;-)

Thanks again

Mike

>I know enough ios to be dangerous my friend and it's not dangerous to
>match anything....try tftp the new ios again.  improve the ram of the
>box....old pc ram would work fine.  put a 32m in there and download
>c1600-osy56i-mz.121-5.bin image...works great with nat :)

>>Can someone provide a little detail on upgrading the IOS on a
>>1605R. Currently installed is 11.3 IP+. I am having some problems with the
>>NAT that I believe will be resolved by upgading the IOS...

>>When I TFTP a new IOS to the Flash card it fails during boot, shortly
>>after uncompressing the image. If I revert to the original IOS it boots
>>fine... I believe that the onboard rommon image may have to match the
>>image in flash? Any suggestions?

>>Thanks

> With Servers In California, Texas And *ia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

1. lab setup of 1605r to 1605r to get VPN packet stats

I need to read some snmp mib data off a cisco
1605r router (total packets, utilization etc).

So I purchased 2 1605's and plan on setting them
up with a few PC to throw some packets across the
routers.

What is the quickest way of connecting the 2
routers togethor to accomplish the above?

would it be something like?
1) pc > dumb hub > cisco 1605(1) ether0
2) pc > dumb hub > cisco 1605(2) ether0
3) connect both cisco hubs ether1 ports
   togethor using a cross over cable or
   connect them to another dumb hub.

I am assuming that I need to use a routable IP
for all the ports so the packets get sent. Since
the setup is offline in a lab this should not be
a problem.

TIA,

Craig

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Calling all twisted pervs!

3. CISCO 1605R w/ DSL and IOS 12.2(16) pppoe-client missing

4. Need help getting started with SNMP Agent.

5. DMZ on 1605R with IOS 12

6. Winoldap

7. IOS Firewall on 1605R

8. error validation disk

9. 1605r Ram upgrade HOT!!

10. Upgrading from IOS 10.3 to IOS 11

11. Is IOS Firewall an upgrade or Replacement for Cisco IOS software.

12. IOS upgrade and rom upgrade

13. IOS Upgrade Question