aux-to-aux 4500-to-4500

Post by Joe Abl » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have a 4500's aux port connected via a DB25-RJ45 "terminal" adapter, a
rolled cable to a second DB25-RJ45 "terminal" adapter, which is plugged
into the other 4500.

Both routers are configured as:

int async1
 ip address blah.blah mask.mask
 async mode dedicated
 async dynamic routing
!
line aux 0
 speed 38400
 stopbits 1
 transport input all
 transport output all
 no exec
 no escape-character
 flow-control none
!

A show line aux 0 on both routers reveals that the both routers are seeing
CTS (at least, I assume that's what "*CTS" means) but both are seeing
"noDCD". Both have RTS and DTR high.

Shouldn't the DTR from one router's aux port be presented as DCD on the
other's?

I've done this a thousand times with 2500s' aux ports, without any problems.
Is there something different about the 4500?

Arrgh :)

--

Network Architect, CLEAR Net          I'm not speaking at all. I'm typing.

1. Downloading image over a 4500 console/aux port

How do I download a new image to the bootflash: of a Cisco 4500 while in
rommon?  The current image is corrupt.  I realise I can fix it by
swapping
flash to a working router, i'm just curious on if it possible to do this
over the console.  The only command that looked likely to me was "dnld"
I can do this on a 3600 using xmodem.

Thanks
Ross.

2. ARP requests over WAN

3. 4500 Aux port at 57600?

4. ESCOM and the Amiga

5. Accesing 4500-M through AUX port with Win95

6. Can CTRL+ALT+DEL be disabled in win2k?

7. CAT 4500 Aux VLAN problem

8. WD33C93 00-02 Vs WD33C93A 00-08

9. Differences between 4500 & 4500-M?

10. ** Cisco 4500 / Cisco 4500-m