"isdn caller" or "isdn answer1" ??

Post by Joerg Morbitze » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am running a Cisco 2620 and an ISDN BRI interface
so that I can dial in from remote.
If I want my Cisco only to accept a call from a special
telephone number, let's say 012345678, do I have to use

isdn caller 012345678

        or

isdn answer1 012345678

?? What is the difference ? I don't really understand
the stuff on the Cisco homepage.

Please send a copy of your answer via email as
I have sometimes problems reading news ...

Thanks for your help,

        Joerg.

"isdn caller" or "isdn answer1" ??

Post by Wojte » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

isdn caller
by caller nr you specify number of remote peer which can connect to you,
but answer you specify number on which your device will be responding
when remote peer call to you, It is important in situation when you have
many devices connected by bus to NT1
Wojtek