Reason 413: User authentication failed.

Post by Jame » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:44:51

I am knocking down the layers to get into my remote VPN easy server and
now have been rejected due to the above message.  Which username and
password is it asking for? I can not remember entering one in the Cisco
VPN sections, should I have, and where?  Or is it the network account,
which I have tried and failed?

thanks

Reason 413: User authentication failed.

Post by chewto » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:25:06

You didn't provide *any* of your configuration, nor any information about
what you're using to connect or the configuration of that device.  How do you
expect anyone to be able to help you?

Reason 413: User authentication failed.

Post by Wil » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:39:47

Well, if you are using the Cisco3000 client:

The first username/password are the group name and password. After you
authenticate to the group you can then work on being denied by your
local username and password.

If not then your gonna have to help us help you by:
a) stating what piece of equipment you are trying to connect to
b) which client you are using
c) sanitized configurations

Wil
my 3

> I am knocking down the layers to get into my remote VPN easy server and
> now have been rejected due to the above message.  Which username and
> password is it asking for? I can not remember entering one in the Cisco
> VPN sections, should I have, and where?  Or is it the network account,
> which I have tried and failed?

> thanks

Reason 413: User authentication failed.

Post by Jame » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:12:14

Sure, but last time I gave a load of stuff and no one responded!  I
have the latest Router 857W and am using the VPN Client v4.6.00.0045.
I have configured a group name and password and think this is working.
I'm not sure if the router config is correct tho.  Do you want to see
the router config text?  It's not that large as nothing has really been
added.

Thanks for your help.

Reason 413: User authentication failed.

Post by Uli Lin » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:59:41

James schrieb:

Quote:> I have configured a group name and password and think this is working.
> I'm not sure if the router config is correct tho.  Do you want to see
> the router config text?  It's not that large as nothing has really been
> added.

startup-config AND via which interface you want to connect.
Everything else is only esoteric wild guess. What is your 857's horoscope?

--
Uli

Reason 413: User authentication failed.

Post by Jame » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 03:01:57

Re interfaces; am I right to pick the internal one (BVI1) as opposed to
the Dialer0{AMT0.1}?  Whats the difference?  Surely I want to get "in"
to the system rather than stay just outside it?  Please enlighten me!

1. VPN Client 3.6.3(Rel) "The user authentication application failed to start"

If this is not the right forum to post this question, please accept my
apologies in advance.

I have a situation where a W2ksp4 machine will sporadically (every 1
to 5 weeks) reach a point where it's VPNCLIENT will no longer connect
- I fail w/
errorlevel 14 , "The user authentication application failed to start."
 The
only methodology I have found yet to restore the system to operation
is to
uninstall / reinstall the VPN Client software repeatedly.

Any and all advice /suggestions / pointers welcome.

Thanks!

2. Webramp problem

3. End-User notification of a failed PAP authentication.

4. Classes

5. Failed Authentication, Status "Unsupported Authentication Algorithm"

6. Multiple Oracle Homes with NT...

7. LocalDirector 413 throttling throughput

8. AFK18 and ColourCard Gold

9. 413 Question

10. NET Pamphlet on CallerID For 508/617/413 Area

11. NET Pamphlet on Dialing Changes For 413 Area

12. Massachusetts 617/508/413 exchange listing

13. NET Pamphlet on CallerID For 508/617/413 Area