IP conflict in win95 on cisco 761

Post by Tom Ribbon » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have 5 computers running on my network but when I start up my router I get
IP conflicts in win95 on 3 computers saying that they have the same IP
number 10.0.0.3 on subnet 255.255.255.0 .
It can be solved when I specify an IP adress but the problem then I can't
surf anymore on that PC !
Please help !!!

IP conflict in win95 on cisco 761

Post by Nidaros Data A » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have 5 computers running on my network but when I start up my router I
get
>IP conflicts in win95 on 3 computers saying that they have the same IP
>number 10.0.0.3 on subnet 255.255.255.0 .
>It can be solved when I specify an IP adress but the problem then I can't
>surf anymore on that PC !
>Please help !!!

This is probably related to your DHCP setup. It seems that the 761 loses all
IP information for the DHCP after an reboot. This means the 761 assigns new
IP's from the bottom of the DHCP list.
I think you have the string "set dhcp address 10.0.0.3 100"

I'm having problems wityh this myself, so I left out all my DHCP settings
and just use static IP's for each computer.

Knut Dalseth

IP conflict in win95 on cisco 761

Post by Joerg Klaa » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Well, of course are all the dynamic IP assignment tables lost after you reboot
your Cisco.(why rebooting a router anyway ?)
However, to get a (more or less convenient)  workaround for your problem,
temporarily choose another DHCP Address Start Range  after each of your
reboots...
;-)
Joerg.