How different is the new ATA 186-I1 from the old ATA 186 -L-I1?

How different is the new ATA 186-I1 from the old ATA 186 -L-I1?

Post by Juan G. Castane » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 07:22:03

Is it worth buying the new model? Most sites sell the old version for
a cheaper price which one should I buy? Please advise.

How different is the new ATA 186-I1 from the old ATA 186 -L-I1?

Post by AnonJua » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:27:05

Juan,

The main difference is in how it handles faxing. If you don't plan on trying
to send and receive faxes, then you are quite safe with the old one.

So far, I have not seen where the new one is really acceptable yet either.
It is better than the old one, but I have still not been able to get more
than three pages out reliably.

--
Regards,
AnonJuan

http://scuba.org.jm/vonage.htm
"How to save $40 when signing up for Vonage"

Quote:> Is it worth buying the new model? Most sites sell the old version for

Post by ch.. » Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:57:37

>Is it worth buying the new model? Most sites sell the old version for
>a cheaper price which one should I buy? Please advise.

As I understand it, the old version has a hardware problem that
prevents fax over ip from working.  I've got 2 dozen of these are work
that don't work for faxes, despite the initial literature.

How different is the new ATA 186-I1 from the old ATA 186 -L-I1?

Post by AnonJua » Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:40:02

Correct.

I never got more than 2 pages to go at 2400 baud with the old one. Still
haven't got more than 2 pages to go on the new one - at 14400 baud.

Improved? - yes.
Acceptable? - I don't think so.
Worth paying more for? - Again, I don't think so.

--
Regards,
AnonJuan

http://scuba.org.jm/vonage.htm
"How to save $40 when signing up for Vonage"

> >Is it worth buying the new model? Most sites sell the old version for
> >a cheaper price which one should I buy? Please advise.

> As I understand it, the old version has a hardware problem that
> prevents fax over ip from working.  I've got 2 dozen of these are work
> that don't work for faxes, despite the initial literature.

How different is the new ATA 186-I1 from the old ATA 186 -L-I1?

Post by ch.. » Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:05:24

Quote:>Correct.

>I never got more than 2 pages to go at 2400 baud with the old one. Still
>haven't got more than 2 pages to go on the new one - at 14400 baud.

>Improved? - yes.
>Acceptable? - I don't think so.
>Worth paying more for? - Again, I don't think so.

They are a cheap way to add analog phones when you don't want to pay
for a voip phone.

How different is the new ATA 186-I1 from the old ATA 186 -L-I1?

Post by AnonJua » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:28:36

Again, agreed.

All I am suggesting is that if fax is not an issue, then go with the older
box over the new box and save some money. If fax *is* an issue, then neither
box is really suitable. :)

I love the price on these boxes. This dollar point space is begining to get
a little crowded but the ATA186 is a great price/performance point for me -
I have 4 so far.
--
Regards,
AnonJuan

http://scuba.org.jm/vonage.htm
"How to save $40 when signing up with Vonage"

> >Correct.

> >I never got more than 2 pages to go at 2400 baud with the old one. Still
> >haven't got more than 2 pages to go on the new one - at 14400 baud.

> >Improved? - yes.
> >Acceptable? - I don't think so.
> >Worth paying more for? - Again, I don't think so.

> They are a cheap way to add analog phones when you don't want to pay
> for a voip phone.

1. how to connect ATA 186 Phone to ATA 186 Phone

Hi all

i have in network configured with Services Provider 2 ATA 186 installed
in my network with 2 phone

iam able to call any where in the world phone

i want to dial ATA 186 phone to ATA 186 phone

how can dial

1 ip address of ATA is 202.x.x.30
2 ip addrress of ATA is 202.63.x.31

how can dial 30 to 31

iam not able to do
could some one help me thanks
ain advacne

2. Ok. Anybody rememeber _this_ game?

3. ATA 186: which impedance- i1 or i2 - for U.S.?

4. Free Sys Monitoring SW

5. Can't see W2K C-drive on W95 box

6. ATA 186 I1 vs I2

7. Sun NFS and Ciscos

8. ATA 186

9. is cisco selling ATA 186 business

10. Definity G3csi6 + Cisco ATA 186

11. (PBX)-pots<->vic-fxo-(cisco2600)-10baseT<->10baseT-(cisco ata-186)-FXS-pots?

12. ATA 186 2 ITSPs?