Need Help with Fonts

Post by robert co » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have this format that uses Zapf Dingbat fonts to give me an arrow. For
what ever reason, it doesnt want to work. Ive reinstalled the font and
still nothing....any suggestions?

Need Help with Fonts

Post by kenbe » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

In what way does it not work? Did it stop working or did it never work? What
platform are you on? Do you have ATM? Printing to a PS printer?

I'm assuming that you have a *paragraph* format calling for a bullet. Your
"bullet" should be a Dingbats character, so you created a *character* format
to change the font to Zapf Dingbats just for the bullet.

Quote:> I have this format that uses Zapf Dingbat fonts to give me an arrow. For
> what ever reason, it doesnt want to work. Ive reinstalled the font and
> still nothing....any suggestions?

Need Help with Fonts

Post by Roger Zittla » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

OK, one has to create a character format an use this in the automatic
numbering. The Sign is for example (hope you can read it, it's a small
e with french accent circonflex) to get an arrow.

I've had the same problem, so I think robert is on the windows platform
like me. I don't know the reason for it, but the problem was solved by
doing the following:

- close FM
- install the postscript font Zapf Dingbats
- open FrameMaker
- create the character format
- create the paragraph format and define the automatic numbering

If you can't see the arrow, stay cool. Save the document, close it and
open it again.
Close FrameMaker and open it again.
Maybe you have to restart your Computer after installing the Postscript
Font. It's Windows!

Good Luck