numbering equations in FrameMaker

Post by Roger E. Stoller, r.. » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have never been able to find a way to cleanly number equations
in Frame, i.e. without either inserting a long textstring of
spaces after the equation, or creating a separate graphics box
containing the equation number.  I don't find anything in the
help files about this either.  Does anyone know of a way?

thanks, roger stoller

Oak Ridge National Laboratory       865-576-7886 - phone
Bldg. 5500, MS-6376                 865-574-0641 - fax

numbering equations in FrameMaker

Post by ALbert C. Lewi » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The closest we have been able to get to this is using a table - one
column for equation box and one for equation number.

Albert Lewis
Charles S. Peirce Edition Project
Indiana University - Purdue University, Indianapolis
www.iupui.edu/~peirce

> I have never been able to find a way to cleanly number equations
> in Frame, i.e. without either inserting a long textstring of
> spaces after the equation, or creating a separate graphics box
> containing the equation number.  I don't find anything in the
> help files about this either.  Does anyone know of a way?

> thanks, roger stoller
> --

> Oak Ridge National Laboratory       865-576-7886 - phone
> Bldg. 5500, MS-6376                 865-574-0641 - fax

numbering equations in FrameMaker

Post by Scott Ramo » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Here's one solution; see if it works for you.

Define an equation paragraph style, making it centered.
In Pagination properties, use H:[<n>.< >< ><n+>] for the Autonumber format,
where the first <n> is for the chapter number, the second is for the
equation count.
Position it at the End of Paragraph.

Scott Ramos
Infometrix, Inc., 425/402-1450

> The closest we have been able to get to this is using a table - one
> column for equation box and one for equation number.

> Albert Lewis
> Charles S. Peirce Edition Project
> Indiana University - Purdue University, Indianapolis
> www.iupui.edu/~peirce

> > I have never been able to find a way to cleanly number equations
> > in Frame, i.e. without either inserting a long textstring of
> > spaces after the equation, or creating a separate graphics box
> > containing the equation number.  I don't find anything in the
> > help files about this either.  Does anyone know of a way?

> > thanks, roger stoller
> > --

> > Oak Ridge National Laboratory       865-576-7886 - phone
> > Bldg. 5500, MS-6376                 865-574-0641 - fax

numbering equations in FrameMaker

Post by kenbe » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

What about a tab and a number?

> I have never been able to find a way to cleanly number equations
> in Frame, i.e. without either inserting a long textstring of
> spaces after the equation, or creating a separate graphics box
> containing the equation number.  I don't find anything in the
> help files about this either.  Does anyone know of a way?

> thanks, roger stoller
> --

> Oak Ridge National Laboratory       865-576-7886 - phone
> Bldg. 5500, MS-6376                 865-574-0641 - fax

1. ANNOUNCE: New FrameMaker plug-ins available

(If you're not interested in new or updated FrameMaker plug-ins, please
disregard this message.)

Silicon Prairie Software is pleased to announce the release of new and
updated plug-ins for FrameMaker 5.5x and 6.0.

The following new plug-ins have been released:

Index Tools Professional 1.0
Alert Tool 1.0

The following plug-ins have been updated:

Auto-Text 2.2
Index Tools 1.2

All plug-ins are available for Windows, Macintosh and SUN Solaris. The
plug-ins are available as shareware from the Silicon Prairie web site:
http://www.kagi.com/SPSoftware.

About the plug-ins
-----------------

Auto-Text 2.2 - Adds a customizable AutoText menu to FrameMaker. You can
insert frequently-used items like text or graphics simply by choosing
the menu item or typing a keyboard shortcut. Auto-Text 2.2 adds the
ability to insert items into existing graphic frames. This is especially
useful when adding callouts to illustrations. Available for $10 US.

Index Tools Professional 1.0 - Provides improved indexing capabilities
for FrameMaker. It allows embedding index entries into the flow of
documents, eliminating the need to work with FrameMaker's Marker window.
It provides tools to format generated indexes, including adding
"continuation" lines for groups of entries that span multiple columns.
Index Tools Professional also includes a tool to make generating a
master index for a set of FrameMaker books quick and easy. Available for
$30 US.

Index Tools 1.2 - Provides the same tools to format generated indexes
that are included in Index Tools Professional. Available for $10 US.

Alert Tool 1.0 - Provides the ability to display an alert message when a
FrameMaker document is opened. These alerts can be used to provide
reminders to writers when they edit documents, or to alert writers that
specifc documents shouldn't be updated. Available for $5 US.

Questions or comments about the plug-ins can be e-mailed to

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. MSN Messenger COM Development

3. FrameMaker+SGML Equation export using an API client

4. How many people can participate in a NetMeeting

5. FrameMaker to Word including equations

6. IOPL with Watcom 10.5

7. Q-Pro, equations to numbers

8. uqwk problem

9. multiple line equations and numbering...

10. figures captions and numbered equations

11. simple question: numbering equations or lines in a maple worksheet

12. Extracting numbers from solved equations (beginner question)

13. seperation of variables from numbers in equations