how can i replace the shutdown dialog using my GINA style ?

how can i replace the shutdown dialog using my GINA style ?

Post by Stephane Vinso » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:06:26

Hi,

I made my own Gina managing my own hardware tokens, but i
have 2 problems with the standard shutdown buttons from
the start menu:
- the graphical style is different from my gina's style,
- i want to be able to change the behavior of the dialog
to force teh user to remove his token when he closes his
session.

For this both reasons, i'm looking for a way to overload
the standard shutdown buttons. Is it possible ?

Thanks for any hint

Stephane

how can i replace the shutdown dialog using my GINA style ?

Post by Ondrej Sevece » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:34:51

Se depends.exe of MSGINA.DLL. You will see "ShellShutdownDialog()" function
which could possibly be the function you are searching for. I haven't tried
it, but do some investigations.

Nice day

Ondra.

Ondrej Sevecek
MCT, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA

Quote:> Hi,

> I made my own Gina managing my own hardware tokens, but i
> have 2 problems with the standard shutdown buttons from
> the start menu:
> - the graphical style is different from my gina's style,
> - i want to be able to change the behavior of the dialog
> to force teh user to remove his token when he closes his
> session.

> For this both reasons, i'm looking for a way to overload
> the standard shutdown buttons. Is it possible ?

> Thanks for any hint

> Stephane

how can i replace the shutdown dialog using my GINA style ?

Post by Stephane Vinso » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:49:16

Thanks to your message, i found some articles about this
function.
The explorer.exe loads this function dynamically from
msgina.dll, and doesn't check for any custom gina overload.
So this stupid design prevents us from replacing the
explorer shutdown dialog in a clean way, except by
replacing the msgina.dll, what i definitely won't do.

Maybe a solution would be to hook the user clicks in the
start menu, and the Alt-F4 that close the explorer.
This is a weak solution since it's time consuming, and not
very portable regarding OS versions and configuration.

Did someone try this solution, or found a better way ?

>>> Stephane

>>.

>.

1. replacing US style pins with Euro style pins on a module???

Hi all,

I have a couple of 220v appliances (halogen lights working though built in
transformers) which I would like to add to my X10 network. I have seen the
details on how to convert the modules from 110v to 220v, but would like to
be able to replace the plug/socket pins so that they accept/have round pins
for the European style plugs.

Has anyone managed to do this, and if so where did you get the pins from. If
not, did you just use adaptors?

I can use adaptors, but it's not a very neat solution, and would like
something better, without buying the very expensive x10 units from Europe.

Many thanks,

Justin.

--
To reply, remove the bit from the address

2. PocketPC devlopers - list your software free

3. SHFileOperation - Replace my own replace file dialog box

4. fs: 4 gig atlas fwd drives $360

5. Problem using CORBA::ORB object after using 'shutdown' method

6. LaTeX: AMS Subject Classification?

7. how to call microsoft's shutdown dialog in windows 98?

8. How to know a dialog is Modal or Modeless ?

9. How to invoke shutdown dialog...

10. Using the SQA non-canned testcases

11. Search/replace styles in XL?

12. Win2000 style File Open Dialog

13. Transparently adding a menu item & dialog to an existing Palm app, or replacing Find