NSE Address Bar Icon Update

Post by Thomas Hjor » Fri, 29 Jun 2001 04:54:20

Hi,

In an NSE I'm making, the folders may be one of in two states - each with
its own icon. My problem is that the icon in the Address bar of Explorer
doesn't change when the folder shifts state. I've tried all feasible
parameter combinations for the call to SHChangeNotify, but nothing helps. It
works fine for the tree view to the left, but the Address bar simply ignores
my calls to SHChangeNotify.

However, I haven't been able to determine the index in the system image list
for the most obvious event, namely SHCNE_UPDATEIMAGE. I let Explorer extract
my icon from IExtractIcon.GetIconLocation/Extract instead of adding it to
the system image list myself, so I have no idea how to determine the index
in the System image list.

I have noticed that Explorer itself doesn't show e.g. the sharing image
overlay for shared folders in the address bar, but hopefully I don't have to
resort to this inconsistent solution.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Thomas Hjort