Connect verb not working on a VPN connection

Connect verb not working on a VPN connection

Post by Paul Hickma » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 20:54:09

I have a VPN connection on my machine called "fred" and I
am using the following VBScript function to attempt to
dial it:

Function DialVPN()
  DialVPN = False
  Dim oCons
  Set oCons = CreateObject("Shell.Application").NameSpace
(49)
  If oCons is Nothing Then
    wscript.echo "Unable to locate your Network
connections folder"
    Exit Function
  End If

  Dim oItem
  For Each oItem In oCons.Items
    If oItem.Name = "fred" Then
      Dim oVerb
      For Each oVerb in oItem.Verbs
        If oVerb.Name = "C&onnect" Then
          oVerb.DoIt
          DialVPN = True
          Exit Function
        End If
      Next
    End If
  Next
End Function

I have verified with message boxes that the "DoIt" method
is executed on the correct verb of the correct namespace
object. But DoIt doesn't seem to do anything - no dialer
dialog box appears.

I am using Windows XP service pack 1 and the VPN
connection works if I double click it.

Any ideas why running the verb does nothing?

1. VPN not connected

I have created a Virtual private network using windows 2000 server. I
can dial up to the internet  fro another computer and then connect on
to the VPN server. I can then view all the resourses on the network
However when i connect on from another network (LAN) I cannot. Any
ideas? sometimes I cannot even ping the server. At the vey same moment
I can ping from a computer connected to the internet via a modem.
Would appreciate any help

Sam

2. Centroids and Autolisp

3. PGP VPN Connection w/ non-PPP connection to ISP

4. Salvaging the boot sector

5. Linking 2 XBOXs through a VPN tunnel between broadband connections

6. Access files in XP after setting Security in 2000 Server

7. VPN connection

8. Printing WORD Document w/ HP Deskjet 600C

9. Display problem with telnet connection through VPN

10. two problems: dosread not work, chsh not work

11. PGPNET on WinXP for VPN connection

12. Anyone use PGPNet w/ VPN connections to non-PGP servers?

13. PGP 7 VPN and Firewall-1 VPN